Senior Database Developer
Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: Director, Data Technology
The Senior Database Developer will be responsible for database scripting, query/report building and some administration. The position will also be responsible for supporting the database schema / scripting side of various applications and backup processes.
The position will also require the developer to be involved in reviewing business requirements and proposing technical solutions to meet the determined needs.
· Build and maintain MS SQL Server based databases
· Build and maintain MS SQL Server based procedures
· Build and maintain MS SQL Server based reporting
· Build and maintain Data warehousing solutions
· Preform system / billing /business analysis on the data
· Very good communication skills
· Ability to work with various groups within the business and to translate their needs into defined business requirements.
· Exceptional knowledge of SQL Server 2000 to 2008, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL; including Stored Procedures, Views, and complex queries.
· 5+ years' experience with database design and programming
· Knowledge of windows based application programming an asset
· Experience with .NET 1.1 or 2.0,3.0, 3.5, 4.0 an asset
· University/College degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent.
· Microsoft SQL reporting services an asset.
· Microsoft SQL integration services an asset.
· Microsoft SQL analysis services an asset.