Business Systems Analyst, GAMMA-DYNACARE MEDICAL LABORATORIES
Brampton, ON, CANADA
Posted May 24, 2011 1 Position(s)
That''s what Gamma-Dynacare is all about.
We live this mission daily, delivering innovative laboratory services and solutions to support the health and wellness of Canadians.
We owe our success to our professional, skilled and dedicated employees and to our positive work environment. We''re proud to be recognized as a top employer and even more proud of our employees, who deliver outstanding service - with commitment and care - to the people we serve.
If you''re passionate about being recognized, career advancement, having a healthy-work life balance and making a difference in the lives of Canadians, join us!
The Business Systems Analysts is a change agent who brings together Information Systems and various business functional areas needs. The Business Systems Analysts partners with various businesses cross functional teams and the Information Systems team to gather and translate business requirements into functional specification. With his/her strong analytical and detail oriented skills, the Business Systems Analysts examines and documents existing business models, flow of data, and communicates the findings in order to clarify details to support technical development, including application solutions alternatives. Through a thorough knowledge of current business processes, systems and tools utilized, the Business Systems Analysts ensures that the most effective, efficient and robust solutions are designed contributing to the business efficiency and productivity.
- Act as a liaison between the various business functional areas and the Information Systems team to translate business requirements into detail functional requirements.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Apply and maintain subject expertise in at least one of the functional areas of:
Connectivity solutions within Electronic Health Records
Human Resources solutions
Business Informatics solutions
- Identify systems components and boundaries by gathering data to enable the project team to establish project scope, time, risks, effort and cost.
- Communicate and train the business owners to ensure successful integration of software with business processes, including orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Prepare documents and presentations to various stakeholders outlining concepts and processes.
- Work with Information Systems and Business team members to configure application and settings.
- Play an integral role in the testing process to ensure original requirements reflect the desired solutions.
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear and concise requirements specifications, including creation of systems models, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to application development team.
- Knowledge and experience in application of all phases of the software development lifecycle methodology.
- Sound knowledge of Project Management.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prior experience in Computer Programming and Data Analysis highly desirable.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Knowledge of ethical issues in the health care environment.
Social Process Skills:
- Five (5) or more years specific job experience related to business analysis in complex environments and understanding of specific output formats: XML, HL7, CDISC, ACORD, ASCII and Web services.
- Strong working knowledge of DB2 and SQL data base, Microsoft Great Plains and MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated capability to apply critical thinking skills to constructively solve problems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Above average oral & written communication skills; a keen attention to detail, ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities (ability to multi-task).
- Sound decision-maker who functions effectively independently as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.