System Verification Specialist -
More Database and SAP Jobs in Ottawa , Ontario
Ottawa , Ontario; Founded in 1997, Espial Group Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand TV software and software services including programming and technical support to telco, cable and hospitality operators as well as to consumer electronics manufacturers. Espial's intelligent and open standards software is used across the world by cable operators (MSO), telco IPTV operators, hospitality operators and consumer electronic manufacturers ; Past job postings: System Verification Specialist
: SQL Server 2008 and / or Oracle 10 (Tuning, SQL procedures, Triggers, etc.); Career Opportunities
System Verification Specialist
Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
The successful candidate will be a member of Espial's System Verification team that delivers cutting edge, carrier grade IPTV Middleware products to our customers. The System Verification team is responsible for ensuring the complete testing and quality assurance for all aspects of Espial�s Evo IPTV Service Platform. This position is targeted to a Junior to Intermediate career level. 1-5 years of formal software system testing experience is preferred but new graduates are encouraged to apply. As a System Verification Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Planning system level test and regression activities as part of an Agile development team
- Reviewing and influencing product requirements
- Authoring Use Cases and/or test cases to ensure requirements adherence
- Executing test cases and documenting test results
- Logging software defect reports and verifying fixes
- Developing and extending test automation scripts
- Stage, reproduce and investigate software defects reported in the field
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Have the ability to drive continuous improvements into our development and test processes that improve our time to market and product quality.
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Perl, C, C++, Java, XML, Java Script, Python/Jython
- Experience with of networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/HTTPS
- Working knowledge of Linux (RHEL 5.3)
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- The ability to assist with the debugging and resolution of complex system issues found during testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelors of Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
Ideal Candidate Will Also
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues. Experience with network capture tools is an asset.
- Experience with performance testing Web applications
- Experience with Oracle administration, including RAC.
- Experience delivering software using an Agile Development methodology
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Last updated on September 05, 2011