- Primary support for 24/7 MySQL environment of 100+ databases and support of SQLServer environment.
- Ensure database availability, performance, security, and operational efficiency.
- Perform core database management tasks including software installation, database creation and configuration, database upgrades, schema changes, replication setup, backup and recovery.
- Support external and internal users providing guidance on database related inquiries and troubleshoot connectivity, replication, storage engine, query/job tuning and other issues.
- Participate in database projects and work with partners to bring projects to successful and timely completion.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and products.
About the Opportunity
The MySQL/MS SQLServer DBA will be responsible for deploying and maintaining production and non-production databases, ensuring high availability and performance, maintaining and troubleshooting replication, automating maintenance activities, and implementing schema changes.
- 5+ years of hands on MySQL database administration experience on SunOS or Linux (Redhat preferred) in 24x7 high-availability environments.
- 3+ years of hands on MS SQLServer (2005/2008) database administration
- Strong experience with MySQL multi-master replication and multiple database engines.
- Strong shell scripting and SQL scripting expertise for routine task automation.
- Experience with commercial backup software (NetBackup preferred).
- Experience with database capacity planning to ensure that data growth and loads are not exceeding predictions.
- Experience using and administering 3rd party MySQL monitoring tools (ie. Cacti/Xymon, SiteScope etc.) is desired.
- Experience developing and implementing an automated data purging and archiving strategy for MySQL databases is desired.
- Experience with MS SQLServer partitioning and HA solutions is desired.
- Excellent documentation, and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate among geographically diversified cross-functional teams to provide solutions.
- Demonstrate personal initiative, conscientious with follow-through, decisive with sound judgment
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical degree or equivalent work experience required.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data, Loyalty One Reward Program, and ICOM offer competitive wages and a comprehensive selection of benefit options.
Please click here to apply