eHealth Ontario is the organization responsible for implementing the government's eHealth agenda and creating an electronic health record for all Ontarians by 2015.
Your Chance to Shine
This position is responsible for:
- Providing database administration to ensure the integrity, availability and security of the databases.
- Developing, testing and implementing database backup and restore procedures. Planning and conducting tests to assess database server performance and tuning the servers where required.
- Performing database administration duties to ensure the availability and efficient performance of the database software,
- Developing and implementing contingency and disaster recovery plans for databases and database software systems.
- Performing database software maintenance and upkeep. Scheduling, installing and implementing software upgrades and patches. Scheduling down time for maintenance and other routine operational tasks,
- Problem identification and resolution. Expediently and effectively troubleshooting and resolving operational problems.
- In order to provide quality service this position requires extensive knowledge and experience at a senior level with:
- Oracle 10g /11g / operating under Solaris
- SCOM and Oracle Enterprise manager and Oracle Grid Control
- Clustered systems and high availability database (Oracle RAC, Red Hat Cluster, OCFS) concepts and software, database creation, maintenance, security concepts,
- Problem-solving techniques and tools to provide solutions that efficiently and effectively deal with a variety of systems administration technical, operational and service problems (e.g. trouble-shooting persistent problems arising from diverse situations),
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes (e.g. incident, problem and change management), terms and definitions to provide service support that consistently reaches approved standards through approved methods,
- Technical change management, techniques to perform and document change requests.
Your Skill Make a Difference
- Reasoning and analyzing to find viable solutions solve a variety of incidents and problems arising from diverse situations and to determine when to refer problems to the senior staff or the Manager.
- Judgement to make timely and appropriately researched and evaluated recommendations, assign tasks and manage relationships.
- Developing and encouraging teamwork, good morale and high performance within cross-functional teams. Managing working relationships with engineering, network and vendor staff
- Display initiative and ability to work alone or within a team environment to act as a liaison between other support groups, project groups and development teams.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Criminal Background Check
Salary Range: $63,768 - $88,000
Posting Date: February 24, 2011
Closing Date: March 10, 2011
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
A career should be more than just work; join eHealth Ontario and make a difference:
Thank you for your interest in eHealth Ontario. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!