Microsoft SQL Database Administrator -
Export Development Canada (EDC)
More Database and SAP Jobs in Ottawa, Ontario
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Ottawa , Ontario; EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year
; Past job postings
: Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
: Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ECC 6.0 - MM, SD, FICO, PP and CS modules; Career Opportunities
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator, Application Infrastructure team (12 months), EXPORT DEVELOPMENT CANADA
Ottawa, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 27, 2011 1 Position(s)
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator, Application Infrastructure team (12 months)-0000R7 11 Jul 2011 23:59:00
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Database Administrator produces the technical deliverables (business solutions) to meet database specific IT requirements of the business while adhering to project plans, IT standards and guidelines, best practices and corporate policies.
The Database Administrator is also responsible for maintaining corporate databases to ensure they are functioning and available to the users (internal and external). The position is responsible for delivering all development and maintenance activities following EDC's methodology and utilizing analysis and problem resolution skills.
The Database Administrator is required to not only initiate and implement projects directly applicable to the management of EDC's database environment but also to support projects brought forth by other groups within EDC.
- Complete all assigned development work as per the project plan (completing the analysis, design, coding, product customization, testing, and deployment activities)
- Provide technical systems support for identified system problem reports as per guidelines and documented processes to ensure an efficient, stable and secure database infrastructure at EDC. Apply analytical skills for problem resolution and infrastructure upgrades
- Create and maintain technical processes and procedures
- Ensure all completed artifacts adhere to EDC guidelines, building codes, standards and best practices. The Database Administrator is accountable as per audits and process milestones to learning, understanding and applying these standards
- Provide project communications status as per the process and project milestones. Accountable for managing issue escalation and resolution in an efficient and timely manner
- Continuous self education on new and emerging technologies and practices and how to apply them at EDC
- Post secondary education in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Relevant experience in database administration with Microsoft SQL 2005 or higher
- Database modeling techniques including the use of Object Role Modeling or Entity Relationship Methods
- Experience with database coding in SQL, T-SQL
Skills & Knowledge
- Hands on experience with (Microsoft SQL Server Suite of products 2005 or higher, Microsoft Win2k3 or Win2k8 operating system
- Experience and knowledge in relational and legacy database concepts
- Experience and knowledge in database requirements analysis and operational support
- Familiarity with a distributed computing network
- Demonstrated application of technical problem solving and analytical tools and techniques
- Demonstrated capabilities in project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Oracle Database suite of products is an asset
- Experience with ERWin or Visio for Enterprise Architects
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS)
$60,100 - 70,700
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to go through the application process on www.edc.ca/careers on or before July 11, 2011, 11:59 p.m. EST
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
An internal search will be done concurrently with this posting and qualified internal candidates will be given preference.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
Number of Openings
: Information Technology
: Individual Contributor
Last updated on July 04, 2011