Database Administrator - Danier
Location: 2650 St. Clair Ave. West, Toronto, ON, M6N 1M2
Dept: Information Technology
Duration of Assignment: 3-6 month contract
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm
Reports To: Director, Network Services
Web Posting: IT0111
- Maintains all production databases in a 24/7 environment.
- Works with software suppliers to help troubleshoot database issues, updates and installations.
- Installs and configures MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server applications (version 2000 to 2008).
- Upgrades SQL Server databases from older version to the latest version. Migrates databases from one environment to another.
- Monitors the health of production servers, backups and SQL logs and databases.
- Trouble shoots and performance tunes SQL.
- Minimum two years' work experience with MS-SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Post secondary education with the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology preferred, and/or related experience
- Previous experience with SQL Replication / Linked server - installation, optimization and trouble shooting
- Strong written and oral English communication skills including the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with web applications and familiar with the Client/Server architecture
- PHP, Linux shell scripting and ASP programming an asset
- Availability to work extended hours, including weekends, to meet support/project deadlines
Please forward your resume to the attention of: Human Resources, Danier Leather Inc., at the above mailing address. Fax (416) 762-7408; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on March 13, 2011