RTH #: R005247
Corporate Information Technology
Corus Entertainment Inc.
ORACLE DBA (5 MONTH CONTRACT)
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for an Oracle DBA in our 25 Dockside Drive (Toronto) location. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Operations the Oracle DBA's role will include; coordinating strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining Corus's Oracle databases and its associated component hardware. This would also include managing all projects new or existing for all Oracle initiatives.
- To maintain 24/7 support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
- Design, development and administration of Oracle databases
- Provisioning of (database) development and testing environments
- Writing ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements. Writing/Tuning data ingestion procedures from external suppliers and partners
- Provide technical advice with technology choices/database-management decisions and database design, including technical assistance during hardware selection, design, test and implement backup/recovery strategies and contingency plans
- Capacity planning to ensure the hardware requirements based on the database growth; participate in BCP/DRP tests; monitor, analyse and report on Scalability and High availability, performance and resource consumption
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years in Database Architecture, Implementation, Maintenance and Administration of Oracle Databases
- Experience with Oracle Databases 10g/11g , Oracle database certification is a must and highly preferred
- Experience managing large and multiple database Instances
- Experience with management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure, have amazing attention to detail and is energetic/ self-motivated and very flexible
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and tools used in a mature data management environment to maintain security, integrity and defined levels of performance
- Experience with Change and Release Management in both a staging and production environment, or similar industry or best practice methodologies (i.e. ITIL)
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by April 26, 2011 to:
Mark Lambe, Manager, Technical Operations
Postal Address: 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON, M5A 0B5
Fax Number: 416.479.7006
Email Address: ITjob@corusent.com
*Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.