PostgreSQL Database Administrator (DBA)
PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Toronto - Sheppard / Leslie
Director of IT
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the customer loyalty and performance management reporting industry? We are looking for a PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our high-energy and enthusiastic team.
As the PostgreSQL Database Administrator, you will have the exciting opportunity to work closely with the Software Development team to ensure that our business systems for reporting, performance management and other products are of the highest quality possible.
· Maintain the security of the database; applying patches and upgrades.
· Support production, staging AND quality assurance databases.
· Support Sandbox or developer databases are usually part of the database developer's job description.
· Maintain the uptime or availability of production databases.
· Monitor production databases regularly and/or respond to any database issues by bringing down the database or taking the database offline.
· Monitor and optimize the performance, security, backup, recovery or integrity of database management systems.
· Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
· Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
· Map out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline.
· Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
· Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
· Further refine the physical design of the database to meet system storage requirements.
· Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
· Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
· Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
· Control access permissions and privileges.
· Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
· Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
· Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and web developers.
· Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
· Commission and install new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, other computer related discipline or equivalent real-world experience.
· 3+ years of related experience.
· Comfort with working in a Linux environment; knowledge of Java, Perl, SQL, RDBMS. Adobe Flex would be an asset.
· Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills.
· Proactive verbal and written communicator who can relate to both technical and non-technical teammates.
· Work effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Quick learner and easy to adapt to new technologies.
- Continuously seek better ways of resolving problems.
- A good understanding of the software development process.
- A good understanding of the business approach.
- Good judgment skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good presentation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Corsential offers a competitive salary and opportunities for development in a fast paced environment. If you are ready to launch your career in this challenging and rewarding position, please respond by June
Qualified candidates may submit their application to ITJobs@corsential.com
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Corsential thanks all applicants, but will only contact those we are interested in meeting.