We are a leading financial market services and technology provider for the global securities industry. Our people, operating on five continents, provide services and solutions to listed companies, investors, employees, exchanges and other financial institutions.
As the world's leading provider of integrated, one-to-one communication solutions, Computershare Communication Services has built its business on helping clients overcome complex and diverse communication challenges. Our sustainable approach to communications delivers clients more engaging, cost efficient and environmentally sustainable communications - whether sent, accessed or received by an investor, customer, employee or business partner.
Reporting to the Senior Programmer, the incumbent will have a strong client focus in order to create programs to the highest standard of quality by adhering to established standards and procedures. Eye for detail, time-management, problem-solving, communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and deliver successful outcomes are integral to this role.
Standards + Training
- Design and code quality programs using PERL and interacting with SQL Server 2005
- Complete all programming to schedule and within the estimated time limit
- Learn and support all internal systems; resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to departmental and company standards, processes and procedures.
- Deliver programs of the highest quality which meet or exceed clients' expectations.
- Provide feedback to Senior Programmer with respect to: attention to approach, consistency, re-usability, quality, documentation style, completeness and development methodology.
- Working in a live production environment, provide technical support to all CCS team members.
- Liaise with other areas of the business for effective workflow.
- Develop scripts for promotion of software
- Responsibility for code in the production environment.
- Trouble shooting, maintenance and upgrades of systems
- Develop systems that increase operational throughput, improve efficiency, and reduce operating costs on an ongoing basis
- Create code that is robust, scalable and modular
- Successful candidate will be provided with a 24hr Blackberry to manage all production issues or will share one on rotation with other team members.
Decision making & Problem Solving
- Design and architect programs in conjunction with peer members. Participate in review process to finalize new systems.
- Ensure all jobs are correct and verify specifications with the Business Analyst.
- Degree or diploma in IT or related discipline (ideally incorporating Perl, VB, SQL 2005 or alternatively, C, C++).
- A minimum of 1 year programming experience in a commercial environment, preferably including the use of the Perl programming language and SQL Server (VB, C# and ASP would be considered a bonus).
- Ability to read and analyse data structures (Flat, XML and Multiple Record Structures)
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, but also in a team environment.
- Ability to develop positive, working relationships.
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks and exhibit strong time management skills to achieve successful outcomes with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet short and unexpected deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, self-motivation and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm and focused
- Possess the drive and commitment to make a difference
- Strong written and verbal English skills
At Computershare, our brand promises are: Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage.
If you want to be part of our leading brand, please apply for this position by clicking on the apply button and following the application process