Corporate Plaza - Scarborough
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, Thomson Reuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by the world's most trusted news organization. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
Carswell, a Thomson Reuters business is Canada’s leading source of intelligent information solutions to legal, finance and human resources professionals. We are proud to have been named one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada in 2009, 2010 and 2011 as well as one of the Best Workplaces in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. We have an immediate opening for the following position:
As a Technical Lead you will participate in the analysis, specification, development, extension and integration of an Enterprise Content Acquisition, Management and Publishing System.
Your duties will include:
· analyzing and sizing development/construction activities;
· assessing team member abilities and allocate tasks accordingly (in concert with Sr. Architect and Project Co-coordinator);
· monitoring development activities;
· regularly reporting the status and progress of development activities;
· identifying development issues and resolve/escalate in concert with team members;
· producing and reviewing UML artifacts;
· producing or leading Technology Assessments;
· producing code / scripts / configurations as required and leading code reviews;
· ensuring development team follows proscribed processes;
· planning and managing code versioning and code builds/branching, producing deployment plans and instructions;
· developing support and maintenance management plans of production systems;
· supporting System Integration and User Acceptance Testing;
· managing defect resolution; and
· supporting, training and mentoring developers.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
· completion of post-secondary education in computer science or related field;
· 5 plus years of experience in a Technical Lead role;
· strong, demonstrable knowledge of UML artifacts and object-oriented modeling techniques;
· applied experience in formal software engineering techniques and best-practices;
· experience with: Java, J2EE, XML, XSLT, Rational Application Developer, Maven, Unix;
· proficiency in SQL and RDBMS including: Oracle, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server;
· proficient in the use of Design Patterns, UML and RUP and associated tools;
· a good understanding of Enterprise Content Management applications and related standards and tools;
· excellent interpersonal skills and persuasiveness in order to ensure effective team dynamics;
· strong oral and written communication skills;
· the ability to work on projects simultaneously with minimal supervision; and
· strong analysis and problem solving skills with an aptitude towards attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge of SOA and Web Services will be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by clicking the link below and searching by job number (TEC00017201) using the Job Search button on the left hand side of the page:
Thomson Reuters employees take pride in providing our customers around the world with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, and advise that only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.