Canon Canada proudly employs over one thousand across Canada and as part of the global family of Companies, Canon employs over 166,000 worldwide! Canon is a highly successful and respected Fortune 500 Company, has been pioneering ground breaking technological innovation and creating sophisticated professional and consumer imaging solutions since 1933. We are one of the world's leading patent holders. At Canon Canada, our employees are ambitious and action-oriented who strive to create value for our customers by promoting technological and service excellence; respecting individual cultures and ethical business practices. Through Canon's Kyosei and San-Ji philosophies, we are committed to enhancing our contribution to society through technological innovation, excellence, and sustaining harmony with our environment through initiaves such as achieving our ISO 14001 certification.
Canon Canada Inc., the acknowledged leader in digital imaging and ranked in the Top 20 list of Most Admired Companies in the World by Fortune Magazine, has an opportunity for an eBusiness Developer.
The E-Business Developer is accountable to administer, maintain, enhance, and develop corporate e-business systems. This role also works with customers and internal users to effectively manage and enhance website content.
· Perform analysis on websites to make recommendations to improve the sites as necessary, and provide site usage reports to e-business committees and management
· Administer user security, ensure website security, and ensure that data is backed up
· Troubleshoot application problems; test and deploy solutions to correct such problems
· Administer, maintain, enhance, and develop corporate e-business systems
· Work with customers and internal users to effectively manage and enhance website content
· Develop and enhance Lotus Domino e-business applications and interfaces with site users, business groups, and Canon USA
· Write programs to create and publish content, and ensure that content is up to date
· Enhance or develop applications that will increase effectiveness of the e-business sites.
To Succeed, You will have:
· Completed post-secondary education (specialty in Computer Science or Computer Programming)
· Minimum 5 years cumulative progressive related work experience or appropriate combination of education & training in conjunction with work experiences.
· Experience with Lotus Notes, Domino Development, LotusScript, Java, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server, J2SE, J2EE, Rational Application Developer, Rational Rose, CVS, DB2, SQL, Object Oriented Analysis/Design, Design Patterns, and MVC Structure
· Experience with at least one web engine such as Webtrends, Microsoft IIS, Apache, JBoss, Web Services, Websphere MQ is required.
· Project management skills would be an asset
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Office
· Ability to give and take instruction on assigned projects with a team player attitude.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management and business units; builds productive working relationships internally and externally; excellent customer service aptitude.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· High attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, and effective delivery of timely responses
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Come and join our team as we work to take Canon to the next level. We offer generous benefits and exceptional career growth.
If you are among the most suitable candidates for this position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.