Developer - Level 8 - CANADA MORTGAGE AND HOUSING CORPORATION (CMHC)
Developer - Level 8, CANADA MORTGAGE AND HOUSING CORPORATION (CMHC)
Ottawa, ON, CANADA
Posted Mar 4, 2011 1 Position(s)
Developer - Level 8 - 3059
CMHC's Information Technology Division (ITD) operates a diverse and complex national technology environment in support of CMHC's varied business activities dedicated to improving the quality of housing available to Canadians.
Interested candidates must apply by March 17th, 2011 (Eastern Time)
To effectively analyse and develop programs for assigned computer applications under development or maintenance, in order to meet client requirements, while adhering to related technical standards, accepted disciplines and methodologies. To acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the client's business functions being supported by the computer systems.
The position encompasses both programming and analytical knowledge, either of which may be emphasized more or less on any given project.
Special Requirement: In addition to the qualifications listed below, experience and knowledge in the following technologies/business functions are required for this position:
- Knowledge of, and experience in the development and maintenance of JAVA based applications;
- Knowledge of web-based/multi-user server applications;
- Knowledge of, and experience in Java in the IBM Websphere environment, including familiarity with Websphere architecture for a business solution;
- knowledge of JBOSS application server, would be an asset;
- Hands-on experience developing with JaveServer Faces (JSF);
- Experience coding SQL to access a relational database is required, specifically DB2; UDB SQL is preferred; MS SQL Server Transact SQL is an asset;
- Knowledge and exposure to JBoss Seam, and/or Spring Framework would be considered assets;
- Knowledge and exposure to Hibernate would be an asset;
- Knowledge of mainframe coding is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Social Housing Systems and program administration of loans/subsidies in general is also considered an asset.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary, CMHC employees who meet their performance objectives are eligible for individual incentive and corporate awards.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of Canada's both official languages.
University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or a related field, with a minimum of 3 (three) years relevant experience in Information Technology application development positions with increasing responsibilities; OR equivalent qualifications obtained through 5 (five) years experience in Information Technology application development related positions with increasing responsibilities.
Knowledge / Skills
- Demonstrated experience and skills in business analysis and documentation, software design, programming, development of test strategies, testing, technical documentation skills, QA techniques, library management and promotion to production procedures
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with technical support resources to ensure a sound infrastructure for custom developed or vendor applications; experience in assisting senior developers in researching, selecting and implementing new development technologies and tools, including hardware evaluation and selection
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts and techniques, Service Oriented Architecture concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery, redundancy and security risks and practices
- General knowledge of the CMHC Technology environment (see appendix A for a current product list)
- Demonstrated ability to research issues, analyse problems, synthesize information and make recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high stress, multidisciplinary team environment in which technology is changing constantly.
- Knowledge of the CMHC development environment including policies, practices, products and services
- Knowledge of CMHC's distributed computing and LAN environment
- Knowledge of CMHC's IT organization and group responsibilities
- Knowledge of CMHC's divisional roles at National Office as well as field business centres.
? Client Focus
? Entrepreneurial / Innovative
? Valuing and Respecting Individuals
? Communication (Presenting and Influencing)
? Project Management
? Analytical Thinking
CMHC Technology environment
(current product list)
CMHC's Disaster Recovery Site emulates the Production environment which consists of identical hardware, platforms and mission critical software. Mirroring the Production environment ensures failover and high availability in the event of a disaster.
Windows 2000/2003 Domain
Operating System z/OS 1.8
Access to the mainframe is through National Office via Frame Relay.
IT Service and Software Management
IBM Information Management V6.3
Converting to: Marval Open Pursuit and Trakit software
LANDesk software distribution
Standard Desktop Software
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3
Lotus Notes Client R8
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003/2007 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access)
WRQ Reflections 3270 and FTP Client
Microsoft Internet Explorer
VPN Cisco Secure
CMHC COTS Business Applications
INFOR SmartStream software
WallStreet Systems FinanceKit software
SAP - SDMM, FI, CRM and ISA modules
SQL Server Version 2005
DB2UDB Version 9.1; 9.5
DB2 Version 8 for O/S 390 (migrating to Version 9)
Lotus Notes R8
Cold Fusion MX 7
IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.1.2 - J2EE
IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 3.3.1
Lotus Notes R8 Formula Language
Lotus Notes Designer
Microsoft .NET (VB .NET)
.NET Framework V3.5, with Visual Studio .NET 2003
MS Visual Basic 6.0
Microsoft Office and Access VBA
Visual Age Generator Version 1.2.0
PR/OEE Service Pack 2.3 running on MS SQL 2005
Microsoft Visual Source Safe
Cognos Impromptu 7.4
Cognos Powerplay 7.4
Cognos ReportNet 1.2
Microsoft Analysis Services
SAS Mainframe V9
SAS Enterprise Guide
Please note that test(s) may be administered. If so, candidates will be advised in advance.
Salary scale in effect 1 April 2011 ($58,552 - $73,190)
: Information Technology
: Information Technology
Eligibility for Overtime Compensation
: Open to casual, contract and regular employees (including probationary employees) and to external recruitment
Minimum Salary ($)
Maximum Salary ($)
Language Designation of Position
: English Essential
Last updated on March 10, 2011