Support Consultant -
More Database and SAP Jobs in London, Ontario
CDC Software -
London, Toronto, Ontario; Vancouver, BC
; More than 10,000 customers around the world rely on CDC Software to manage, grow, and transform their businesses. By providing complete, end-to-end enterprise solutions, we equip companies with the ability to deliver exceptional customer experiences, grow and manage their business profitably, and become true market leaders; Past job postings: Support Consultant
: SQL Server 2005/ SQL Server Analysis Services / SSIS / SQL Reporting Services ; Career Opportunities
Location: London, ON
The Solutions Analyst represents CDC Software globally by providing frontline technical expertise to CDC Factory customers, partners, and employees. The SA will be working within an established and well functioning service desk. You will receive requests for support and must troubleshoot and provide issue resolution or product guidance related to all CDC Factory products and functionality. This is a challenging role encompassing all levels of IT support and service delivery. Located in London, Ontario and working as part of a global team based in the UK, India and Canada, they will report directly to the Technical Manager. There may be occasional requirement to travel to and work from customer sites.
Previous experience of working within an IT service desk providing application and/or operationssupport involving SQL server. Alternatively, a Java development or SQL Server DBA background wishing to transition to a service desk environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates thorough troubleshooting techniques and understanding of CDC Factory products and functionality to resolve support issues quickly, while minimizing the need to escalate cases to other resources
- Maintains broad knowledge of manufacturing intelligence-related technologies, data collection systems, IT server and network environments and general manufacturing processes
- Troubleshoots customer issues using CDC Factory specific knowledge and standard tools such as SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, and OPC Clients
- Creates case solutions (knowledge base articles) with accurate and clearly written communication for use in public knowledge base
- Provide professional technical services such as; system upgrades, implementing configuration, training, etc…
- Maintains technical expertise of new CDC Factory modules and functionality
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
Skills and Qualities
- Excellent problem solving skills and techniques.
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Desire to ensure excellent customer perception and satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain good documentation.
- Can effectively manage expectations.
- SQL Server 2005/ SQL Server Analysis Services / SSIS / SQL Reporting Services
- Java/ JSP
- Tomcat Application Server
- IIS, Apache
- HTML / XML
- Knowledge of network communications (general connectivity and configuration, DCOM)
- Windows Server
The following knowledge is highly desirable but not required as training can be provided to the right candidate:
- OPC, Kepware, RSSQL or other Manufacturing related software or standards
- Quality Assurance (QA) testing experience preferred,
- ITIL Service Management
Post secondary diploma or degree in a technology discipline and/or work related experience
Last updated on August 27, 2011