VACANCY: Sr. Database/QA Analysts – Quality Assurance Services
REPORTS TO: QA Manager
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto Subway location on St. Patrick
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (1-year Contract with Benefits/Vacation)
No. of VACANCIES: 2
The Senior Database/ Quality Assurance Analyst will carry out the application and maintenance of test procedures, ensuring results are in accordance with the standards of the organization. Consults with QA Team Lead and members of the Data Warehouse Team to ensure the technical development life cycle is completed with the highest standards
This is temporary full-time position with benefits and vacation for 1 year. It is NOT a Contract position at the consulting rate.
- Understand data models, business requirements and system design documents to perform QA analysis tasks
- Creates complex SQL and PL/SQL test cases for DW Projects
- Completes QA testing, including creation of test plans and documentation of expected and actual test results for ETL processes, Oracle PL/SQL scripts and/or related applications
- Deploy ETL and SQL code to the QA environment
- Perform both component and system integration testing for ETL and BI reports
- Conducts data analysis and any related investigations as part of the QA testing processes
- Performs other QA activities as directed by the QA Lead
- College degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with QA processes & over 5 years of IT experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Data Warehouse environment
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on ETL experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with SQL back-end validation.
- Minimum 2 years experience with SQL using Oracle syntax.
- Overall SQL experience must be at the advanced or expert level.
- Minimum 2 years experience working experience with SQL Server & Oracle DB.
- Able to easily create SQL scripts used in testing (i.e. back-up tables, identify duplicate records, complex sorting queries)
- Previous Programming experience or programming education.
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter is preferred.
- Strong analysis skills
- Solid background in QA methodologies, testing procedures and defect management
- Experience with QualityCenter/TestDirector, Quick Test Pro an asset
- Experience with Microstrategy an asset
- Experience with healthcare data, Health Informatics, Health Policy or Clinical setting an asset
- Capacity to prioritize effectively
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable to a fluid and high energy environment where schedules are tight and challenges omni present
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, achieve consensus and able to work comfortably with internal staff and contractors
More About Cancer Care Ontario:
Cancer Care Ontario is an umbrella organization that steers and coordinates Ontario’s cancer services and prevention efforts. As the provincial government’s chief cancer advisor, Cancer Care Ontario directs over $600-million in public health care funding for cancer prevention, detection and care. The agency also operates screening and prevention programs; collects, monitors and reports information about cancer and cancer system performance; develops evidence-based standards and guidelines for health care providers; and works with regional providers to plan and improve cancer services.
More about the Chief Information Officer’s Portfolio:
The CIO Portfolio is CCO´s Information Technology/Information Management (IT/IM) Division. It supports CCO´s objectives through the use of innovative eHealth, IT and IM tools such as: a sophisticated data warehouse (iPORTTM), web portals, web tools, electronic document repositories, customized software development, integration engines, computerized physician order entry systems, and electronic business intelligence tools.
CCO´s IT/IM division also manages special projects for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MoHLTC) such as the Access to Care Program including Ontario´s innovative Wait Times Strategy. In 2007, Cancer Care Ontario´s WTIS-EMPI project won the Canadian Information Productivity Awards (CIPA) Diamond Award of Excellence and Institute of Public Administration of Canada´s (IPAC) Gold Award for Innovative Management.
The information on our website is at:
We are guided in most part by the Ontario Cancer Plan, which can be inspected at:
View our listing of all other CCO current job postings at:
Cancer Care Ontario is a HOOPP pension plan employer, see the details at: http://www.hoopp.ca
On Resume Format: If you elect to apply, please prepare a basic text-based version of your resume for pasting into the application box provided for text resumes. Then, near the end of the application process, even after clicking on “Submit, you will be invited to attach up to three separate files to your application. Please make one of these attached files your formatted resume in one of .doc, .rtf, or .pdf formats.