Reporting to the Manager of the Technical Assistance Center, you will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance of the various database components of our products. You will also be responsible for development of features, upgrades and the repair of defects contributing to the organizations development and maintenance objectives in addition to emergency support and break/fix responses.
Joining our team means you will have the opportunity to implement and use advanced Oracle features such as multi master replication and streaming. Dedicated to our global customer base you will be challenged by the scale and scope of their deployments. You will build on your solid DBA experience with various RDBMS and LDAP systems and contribute to our success by:
· Using your strong DBA experience (Oracle 9i/10g/11g) to resolve customer database issues to meet or exceed SLA timelines
· Analyzing and improving database performance for key processes (e.g. billing system feeds) that execute 1000’s of transactions per second
· Engaging Oracle support as required to resolve complex issues
· Recommending and implementing database functional and version updates to our product set within our release management processes
· Mentoring internal development and support groups on database best practices through one-on-one interactions and general information updates
· Consistently demonstrating to our customers our willingness to go the extra mile to respond rapidly to their database issues and provide assistance and problem resolution beyond the boundary of level 1 database support
· Contributing to the company’s research on advances of Oracle technology and its implementation in Bridgewater products.
· Leverage your existing development experience to plan, develop and maintain; features, upgrade scripts, tools, and product improvements.
· Contributing to the operation of a 24/7 help-desk where as subject matter experts in our database components, you will be directly engaging customers and owning resolution of support activity.
· Participating in operating off-hours pager duty (as a shared team responsibility).
· Participating in planned off-hours customer activity beyond the emergency pager support.
· 5 or more years as an Oracle DBA
· College or University technical degree
· Experience with supporting external customers