Reference #: 100683
Reporting to the Team Lead, Solutions Integration, serve as the subject matter expert in data modeling, database configurations, data integration, data quality and security requirements. Act as an internal technical consultant to the solution delivery teams. Responsible for data analysis and database design and development based on user requirements and long term Corporate Objectives
· Analyse, design and deliver database structures based on user requirements and long term corporate objectives.
· Ensure that newly created data models will integrate with other previously accepted data structures.
· Work with business system analyst to translate business requirements into effective conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, including canonical modelling.
· Create logical and physical data models. Must optimise the physical data structure to leverage full capability of the target data engine.
· Develop database queries, stored procedure and triggers.
· Establish clear data ownership and data flow for the main data entities managed by the City.
· Participate in Integration, Business Intelligence, MDM and Data quality projects.
· Perform data analysis and recommend improvements on database schema side to facilitate reporting applications.
· Responsible for the effective management of requested changes to the corporate databases.
· Responsible for the successful and seamless integration of varied systems and applications being developed by other IT specialists.
· May be required to present to small groups within IT.
· Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
· Integration tools: iWay Service Manager – ESB, SQL Server Integration Services
· Master Data Management and Data Quality tools: iWay MDC and MDQ, Datiris, iAddress
· Business Intelligence tools: Business Object Web Business Intelligent Tool, SQL Server Analysis Services
· Operational Systems: Windows 2003 / 2008, Windows XP / 7
· Databases: Oracle 10g, 11, SQL Server 2005 / 2008, PL-SQL, MS Access
· Languages: Java, Java Script, J2EE, .Net
· Methodologies / Frameworks: TOGAF, ITIL.
· Other tools: ER Win, Eclipse, XML Spy, XML Note Pad, Text Pad, Internet Explorer, IIS, SharePoint
· Main Corporate Applications: Amanda (permit development system), TAX, GIS (Geomedia Intergraph), Class (recreational programs registration system), PeopleSoft, Hansen (Asset Management System), Hastus (Bus Scheduling system), M5 Fleet Management System
· Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, or related discipline.
· 3 - 5 years experience in data analysis, data modeling, database design and development using Oracle and/or SQL Server. Including knowledge of database design principles such as normalization, data aggregation, data standardization, and relational, canonical and dimensional data modeling.
· Leading technical team would be an asset.
· Business intelligence, Integration. MDM, data quality experience is a definitive asset.
· Java, .NET, and J2EE development experience is an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and use new software tools as required.
· Strong customer-service orientation, able to interact with a variety of customers in a professional manner.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Non union
Applications must be received by April 22, 2011
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online quoting reference #100683, by April 22, 2011, and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring the best-qualified candidate is selected for our positions. We provide a barrier-free recruitment process and safe work environment based on our values of trust, openness, and transparency in order to foster employee potential.