Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300 bed complex continuing care facility.
Senior Imaging Software Developer
Research Centre for Aging and the Brain
ROTMAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Rotman Research has an full-time opportunity for a Senior Imaging Software Developer, reporting to Dr. Randy McIntosh & Dr. Tomas Paus. The Rotman Research Institute is part of a large collaborative cognitive neuroscience community in Toronto with research foci ranging from brain mechanisms of memory, attention and executive function, to their changes across the lifespan and resulting from brain damage or disease, to the development of cognitive rehabilitation strategies. Neuroimaging is a key methodology across all of these programs. The Rotman Research Institute has a research-dedicated Siemens 3 Tesla MRI system and state-of-the-art electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography laboratories in-house.
Responsibilities will include:
· Develop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) processing pipelines for quantifying aspects of brain structure at the Rotman Research Institute of the University of Toronto.
· Develop, implement, maintain and operate a software platform for automatic analysis of structural MR images particularly as needed for large-scale population-based studies (n > 500). A typical “pipeline” runs in a Linux environment, consists of a combination of in-house and external modules (e.g. FSL, FreeSurfer) that, in turn, consist of robust algorithms for image registration, tissue classification and segmentation, tractography, shape analysis, etc.
· Implementation and modifications of software tools developed at Baycrest and other academic centres specializing in brain imaging.
· Masters or PhD degree in a relevant discipline, including but not restricted to electrical engineering, computer science, and medical physics together with relevant information technology experience.
· Knowledge of Operating Systems/Platforms such as UNIX
· Minimum 2-3 years experience with C++, Pascal, Java Script
· Knowledge of relational databases such as Sybase, MS SQL Server
· Experience working in a Linux environment.
· Experience with brain imaging involving any of ERP, PET, MRI, MEG is an asset.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills
Join a dedicated team of staff and volunteers whose vision is to transform the way people age and to advance quality of life to a new level through the power of research and education, with a focus on brain functioning.
Join Baycrest, one of the few organizations in the world that can say it is Enriching Care; Enhancing Knowledge; Enlightening Minds!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume quoting file # 11-0145 to:
While Baycrest appreciates all applications to this position, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!