Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
In Canada, Bank of America has a strong market position on which to continue to build, as well as a clear commitment to the market.
The position is part of a team of application development and support staff with direct responsibility for all local application technology supporting Equities Electronic Trading Technologies – ETT Canada. The group is also responsible for all mid-office and downstream interfaces in direct support of the local trading businesses. This role covers direct market access and strategy trading to Canadian Markets. The suite of applications is a collection of vendor, global and some in-house developed applications requiring coordination to integrate in a manner consistent with organizational standards and business goals.
Position requires providing some off-hours support.
- Integrate vendor applications and global trading platforms for domestic trading and sales; Convert specifications and business requirements into design and coding, as required
Develop and enhance mid-office platform; integrating front office trade flow to feed back-office, depository, financial and management reporting systems
Support all existing applications, making enhancements for break/fix production issues and participating in new initiatives and projects, where required
Application development includes review of requirements, coding, debugging, quality assurance testing, regression testing, implementation and post implementation / adhoc support
Work with vendors to incorporate technology that is consistent with corporate architecture standards and best practices
- Languages – UNIX Shell scripts, JAVA, SQL and C++
- Protocols – FIX, XML
- Familiarity with IBM WebSphere MQ, market-data information / transformation tools and object-oriented development – good knowledge of message queuing technologies.
- Various open source tools/libraries
- Business knowledge
- Some knowledge of Algorithmic trading and Smart Order Routing
- Solid understanding of securities industry trading products (Equities) and market interfaces (Exchanges, ATS and settlement facilities)
- Familiarity with post-trade reporting and depository interfaces
- 5+ years of application development (with direct experience in all aspects of the development life-cycle)
- Proven track record using a variety of technologies to deliver and meet business goals
- Some exposure to data modeling and Use Case modeling
- Client testing and onboarding
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences, software engineering or equivalent