At BDO, our team is our most valuable asset.
With a strong international and national presence, BDO is one of the leading professional service providers in Canada. Our team of professionals provides clients with a full range of assurance and accounting, tax and advisory services, supported by our local accessibility and hands-on approach to individual client needs. We possess the experience and resources of a large firm yet offer our clients the personalized service of a smaller firm.
As the Canadian member firm of the international BDO network (with offices in more than 100 countries), we employ almost 2,400 partners and professionals and almost 250 additional staff members. Our employees are given more opportunities to experience all industries, work closely with our diverse client base and collaborate with their colleagues. We also provide training tailored to our employees'' individual requirements and job responsibilities.
- Group RRSP and customized health and dental benefits
- Firm-supported training program for CA students
- Reimbursement of student fees and professional dues for employees with, or working towards, a professional designation
- 3 weeks of annual paid vacation for full-time employees with no waiting period;
- Customized performance management program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition of long-term employee service
- 95 offices located across Canada in urban centres and smaller communities
- A strong commitment to corporate social responsibility, with one day per year assigned to volunteerism
- An in-house online corporate university that promotes continuous learning and professional development
BDO Canada LLP''s National Office is located in Toronto Ontario. We are close to public transportation including the TTC and Union Station.
Our National Office has an immediate opening in our IT Department for a System Support Specialist (Database Administrator).
This role is primarily responsible for maintaining and supporting the Firm’s SQL farm, Document Management System (DMS), SharePoint & GP Dynamics support.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Cluster farm
- Responsible for implementation of procedures to support production & development database environment
- Maintaining database and ensuring its availability to users
- Analyze, consolidate and fine tune database for optimal efficiency
- Restore and recover databases
- Controlling privileges and permissions to database users
- Implements new and changed databases into the production environment
- Assists Analysts in resolving database related problems
- Establish database instances for development, test, and production environments
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and data warehousing optionsDevelop standard documentation for production and development databases
- Manages and maintains the electronic document management system
- Implements and deploys the electronic document management system(DMS)
- Analyzes and engages in critical review of the business processes in the area of document handling in order to determine best practice(s)
- Creates appropriate workspace and directory structure
- Provides 3rd level technical support to resolve critical issues for the IT team and end users in regards to the document management system
- Investigates and recommends products for improving system efficiency
- Documents procedures for performance monitoring and tuning
- Ensuring mechanisms are established to provide backup and recoverability and documenting those processes
- Responsible for maintaining Microsoft Office SharePoint Server farm 2007
- Experienced in the use of Windows SharePoint Services web services and APIs to integrate with smart client tools e.g. the Microsoft Office system
- Able to design SharePoint Services server farms and topologies e.g. extranet, back-to-back and perimeter topologies
- Understanding of the security considerations around enterprise search and portal e.g. sharing data across web parts and excluding content from a crawl
- Understanding of options around SharePoint integration with Office Communications Server 200x and the Active Directory service, LiveMeeting, Groove Server Relay and Groove Server Data Bridge.
- Help with the deployment of BDO international initiative of Audit Processing Tool that uses Groove backend and MOSS 2007.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years experience in records/information management and related project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Microsoft SQL Database administration
- Experience with Document Management application
- Good understanding of Microsoft Clustering technology
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Experience supporting Microsoft GP Dynamics infrastructure
BDO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries which are satisfactory to us.
BDO Canada LLP, a Canadian limited liability partnership, is a member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.