Senior Database Administrator -
Senior Database Administrator, AUDIENCEVIEW TICKETING CORP
Mississauga, ON, CANADA; North York, ON, CANADA; Scarborough, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 24, 2011 1 Position(s)
Toronto-based AudienceView is widely known for providing advanced and flexible ticketing services to leading arenas, stadiums, arts venues, and theaters worldwide. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, AudienceView offers a fully branded customer experience across traditional and emerging touch points. Clients benefit from integrated customer relationship management (CRM) that tracks customer data, interactions and preferences and supports enhanced marketing and sales initiatives. Organizations in North America, the United Kingdom, and Asia rely on AudienceView to provide a complete solution for all their ticketing needs.
If you are interested in working for our company, we offer excellent benefits, along with a casual and fun working environment. Further details about our company can be found at www.audienceview.com.
Senior Database Administrator
To help us extend our lead in the Ticketing Market, AudienceView is seeking a Senior Database Administrator for our Application Managed Services team. This individual will take the lead role in creating, configuring, operating and maintaining the Database infrastructure required to deliver AudienceView's ticketing solution from the cloud as a SaaS solution. The DBA will work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, flexible environment with responsibilities across the full range of database administration activities required to deliver industry-leading Ticketing software to market as a SaaS-offering.
- Monitor and investigate system and database problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions and provide remediation plans for optimization and problem resolution
- Perform all database maintenance, develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures necessary to ensure the security and integrity of the databases in the SaaS environment
- Tune server and database configurations to ensure optimal performance and reliability
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery Plans including: Backups, Mirroring, Clustering, and Replication
- Install software and configure settings for new servers to prepare them for deployment
- Perform database recoveries promptly and safely. Explore all available resources to restore client data as completely as possible and as quickly as possible
- Perform other administration tasks such as routine maintenance, troubleshooting, patch updates, etc
- Help maintain the "best practices" policies for DB administration tasks
- Provide occasional database development other database miscellaneous tasks
- 7 years or more experience with database administration in a high volume environment
- 2 years or more experience as a lead DBA
- 5 years or more experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 3 years or more experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Experience with 24x7 production databases and ability to respond to support issues same-day or per SLA
- Real world experience in performing most or all of the following unsupervised in a large multiple instance SQL 2005/2008 environment:
- Log Shipping
- MCIPT: SQL Database Administrator certification
- Other Microsoft certification in SQL Server (MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA, etc)
- Experience in writing T-SQL ad hoc queries, stored procedures, views, and triggers
No agencies please.
Last updated on July 02, 2011