Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a great place to work.
Will work closely with database and system administrators to ensure all Adobe's mission and business critical systems perform optimally. Primary responsibilities include Oracle DBA activities including: 24/7 support, backup and recovery, patches, upgrades, software installation, schema changes and tuning, Must be able to apply Oracle database administration knowledge to define efficient and optimal database layout, and analyze and improve database performance. The candidate is expected to be a part of Enterprise DBA on-call rotation schedule.
The ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner is imperative, as the candidate may participate in technical and customer reviews and should be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences. To be successful in Adobe's dynamic environment, qualified candidates must be self-motivated, work closely with others in a true team environment and able to define, plan and implement long term goals and tasks in support of Adobe's enterprise and Information Services departmental strategies and charter. Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills, logical thinking and attention to detail are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment.
- BS in computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 7-10 years of Oracle DBA experience; experience with Oracle databases hosted on Solaris, Linux is must.
- Candidate must be familiar with Oracle versions 7 through 10G.
- Candidates must be familiar with Oracle's standby / data guard technologies.
- Candidates should have good experience with backup and recovery using rman.
- Candidates must be aware of various HA solutions including but not limited to Oracle RAC and Veritas cluster systems.
- Prior experience with Oracle Streams is a plus.
- Prior experience with managing SAP databases is a plus.
- Prior experience with SQL Server / MySQL database technologies is a plus.
Adobe is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
About Adobe United States
Adobe has approximately 4,000 employees in the United States and is headquartered in San Jose, California, with other office locations nationwide.