Position : SQL Database Developer
Our company, located in Cambridge ON, specializes in database management for our customers in the agricultural industry.
We are currently seeking a database developer with strong skills to support our clients' databases. Our database management services include the collection of point of sale data from retail channels for products produced by our manufacturing clients, and presentation of this data to these clients. We also provide marketing program administration and redemption, data analysis services, for leading agricultural product manufacturers.
Database solutions are developed using SQLServer2005. Delivery to clients is accomplished through various means including online custom websites and Excel spreadsheets.
If your strongest skills are using SQL Server tools, we would be very interested in talking to you about joining our team of database solutions developers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing database programming and analytical services to project teams, as well as ensuring the operational integrity, and efficiency of specific client databases.
This position involves the following activities:
· Participate in the analysis of client requirements.
· Participate in Database design, and enterprise architecture.
· Technical documentation of new and existing database structures, and processes
· Development of Stored procedures, triggers, and other database objects using T-SQL
· Development of ETL solutions (manual and automated)
· Use MS Office applications for client deliverables
· Query performance tuning and optimization
· Development and Maintenance of dynamic reports using SSRS
- University degree or college diploma in IT
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL Server 2005 (T-SQL/DDL/DML/DTS/SSIS)
- Proficient with database design, query development, and data modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with ETL solutions to import data from a variety of sources (SSIS, DTS, Excel, flat file)
- Proficient developing dynamic reports with SSRS 2005
- Experience with SQL query optimization and database tuning
- MS-Office 2007-2010/Excel/Access/Exchange
- Ability to work within a team environment in a flexible structure
- Experience in the Agriculture industry would be an asset
- SSAS 2005 and OLAP experience an asset
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 would be an asset
- ASP.Net, C#, VB.Net experience an asset