Database Analyst, Team Lead-1003387
The Database Analyst will work as a Team Lead/Technical Lead in a team of 4 Database Administrators with 2 located in Toronto, Canada and 2 located in Manila.
This individual will use their extensive Oracle and SQL Server knowledge to support the installation, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of various Oracle and SQL Server databases. Data is a key component of business success and effective management of data ensures availability, accessibility, timeliness, security and integrity of this valuable asset, so the participant should be well skilled in routine maintenance procedures, change control and incident management. This is a hybrid hands-on role.
Additional Accountabilities Include:
- install database software, set up databases, set up backups and clean up scripts based upon existing documentation as well as provide support to other IT Systems personnel requirements delivered through the request intake system.
- participate in Change Window activity, either application related, database related or OS related.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Competencies/ Experience/ Education:
- 10 - 15 years of relevant experience is required, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior database administrator role.
- Experience as a Team Lead/Technical lead , managing a group of Database adminstrators
- Must have in-depth knowledge of database management for Oracle 10G and 11I, SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 along with the appropriate data management tools.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Proven diagnostic, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Has ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong process orientation, use of best practices and templates both in Projects and in steady state.
- Working knowledge of investments, insurance industry, compliance and regulatory requirements
- College or University degree in computer science, information systems, business, mathematics or equivalent experience.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canadian-based financial services group operating in 22 countries and territories worldwide. For more than 120 years, clients have looked to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We provide asset management services to institutional customers worldwide as well as reinsurance solutions, specializing in life and property and casualty retrocession. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were Cdn$454 billion (US$428 billion) as at June 30, 2010. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at www.manulife.com.
: Global Investment Finance & Operations