Database Analyst, MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posted Jan 28, 2011 1 Position(s)
This position's primary responsibility is the administration and control of Mount Royal's data resources. The incumbent will utilize repeatable best practices that are auditable and conform to Mount Royal's IT control framework to ensure data availability, integrity, security, and leverage database tools to improve database performance and efficiency. The data infrastructure is Oracle 10g RAC, Clusterware, ASM, GRID Control, service packs, and MS SQL. This infrastructure supports Mount Royal's implementation of SunGard Higher Education's ERP solution. The infrastructure facilitates the integration to other systems that support the Book Store, Library, Mount Royal Recreation, Residence etc.. The incumbent as a member of the Data Management team will be a member of a highly integrated team that constitutes Application Systems Development Services. The incumbent must be able to deal with tight deadlines and understand the critical nature of the processes and projects they are dealing with. The successful incumbent will be client and service focused and results oriented. Due to the nature of the position we are looking for an incumbent that can adapt to changes in priorities quickly and easily.
- Upgrading and patching of Oracle products.
- Upgrading and patching of third party software (i.e. Banner).
- Participate in database design, data migration and conversion, and vendor product evaluations.
- Ensure stable operating environment for clients and developers.
- Monitor databases and reviews performance logs.
- Monitor/setup data base backup and recoveries.
- Facilitate Oracle access.
- Recommend actions and provide analysis and troubleshooting for possible hardware, software, network, process, and system failures.
- Assist in the development/deployment of data warehouse
- Maintain an awareness of system usage, departmental projects and users.
- Liaise with Client Support, Networking and Server Groups to schedule necessary infrastructure changes.
- Liaise with third party vendors.
- Support analysts in application development activities.
- Post secondary education with an emphasis in Information Technology.
- Minimum Three to Five years relevant experience.
- Possess technical expertise in Oracle 10g database and utilities, Oracle RAC, Oracle
- Clusterware, Oracle Developer Suite, Oracle Application Server, Pro*C, Pro*Cobol, Discover, Warehouse Builder, Linux, Shell scripting
- Java, MS SQL, and XML knowledge and experience would be an asset.
- Experience with the software development process.
- Experience supporting clients in an integrated systems environment.
- Experience supporting an ERP solution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to interact effectively with clients colleagues and vendors.
- Ability to coach and mentor others in working towards defined goals in a changing environment.
- Strong project management skills.
Salary to consummate with relevant experience
SALARY: $2,993.08 - $3,500.17 semi-monthly
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Suitable Candidate Is Found
Apply Via Email