Oracle Database Administrator
Job Category: Software Development
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time
Position ID: J0410-0206
We are currently seeking a full-time Oracle Database Administrator to join our downtown Toronto office.
Managing terabytes of data in a high-volume environment, you'll call on a diverse set of database management skills in monitoring development and production databases on a daily basis.
This role would join our medium sized development team, and be involved in the administration, support and development for large Oracle and SQL Server databases supporting mission critical Toll System Development projects.
• Ability to document and share complex technical materials.
• Experience of managing multiple databases on large systems
• Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage deadlines appropriately.
• Required to assess and resolve non-standard or standard problems largely on own initiative.
• At least 2 – 3 years of experience as a Oracle DBA supporting 9i,10g, 11g databases.
• Open to new graduates who have good knowledge in Oracle Database and PL/SQL.
• Ability to write a scripts and PL/SQL code to manage databases, partitions, etc.
• Working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows 2003, 2008, Unix, etc
• Practical experience in monitoring development and production databases on a daily basis.
• Practical experience in tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
• Experience of other database systems, preferably SQL Server
• Oracle Certification
Founded in 1974, IBI Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a range of services focusing on the physical development of cities. IBI Group specializes in four areas of development: Urban Land, Facilities, Transportation and Systems. Worldwide, we employ over 2200 professionals in more than 64 offices internationally and we proudly practice with ISO 9001:2000 certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Oracle 10g
• Oracle 11g
• SQL Server