Senior Database Administrator, HSBC
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 6, 2011 1 Position(s)
Toronto, ON, Canada and Vancouver, BC, Canada
Aspirations of becoming a strategic database architect? This role can help pave the way.
As our resident subject matter expert in both production and non-production databases, you will provide technical expertise to the development and infrastructure teams. This will include all phases of the design, installation and deployment infrastructure for our servers. You're used to working with project teams and will excel in a role that will offer you the opportunity to work with a group to plan and coordinate complex assignments. You will also look after the physical databases on MS SQL server technology, including review and implement back up, recovery, archiving and conversion strategies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least seven years of database management experience using MS SQL Databases in large environments
- Expert knowledge of DB2, along with SQL 2000, 2005, 2008
- Experience meeting Service Level Agreements for an internal client base
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Early adapter for new technology and technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with basic networking, common programming languages, various hardware platforms and operating systems
If you are seeking a challenging and promising career, HSBC has a world of professional opportunities for you to explore. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package, including incentive pay, plus reduced rates for loans and mortgages. We make a point of rewarding performance, supporting professional development and providing Work Life solutions.
How to Apply:
At HSBC, we value diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please " click here "