As the management- and technology-consulting arm of the US$45-billion Fujitsu group, Fujitsu Consulting integrates the core expertise of Fujitsu companies and its partners to deliver complete solutions to businesses and government in the areas of Information Management, Legacy Modernization and Managed Services. The scope of these offerings extends from strategic management consulting to the tiniest detail of infrastructure operations. Through its industry-recognized strategic methodology, Macroscope®, Fujitsu Consulting assists clients in incorporating more value into their investments and driving their leadership in the marketplace.
Fujitsu Canada provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, software, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors.
For more information on Fujitsu Canada's business scope, visit http://solutions.ca.fujitsu.com/
A key client of Fujitsu, Edmonton requires a Database Analyst
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identifies improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements and system performance and functional requirements;
- Resolves conflicts among users' needs for data;
- Advises programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data;.
- Generates new database from physical design specifications;
- Responsible for performing or checking database sizing results;
- Develops and implements procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database;
- Develops and implements security procedures for the database, including access and user account management;
- Develops and maintains data dictionaries;
- Maintains configuration control of the database;
- Coordinates changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records and additions to the database;
- Performs updates to the database design;
- Responsible for implementing database tuning procedures; and
- Develops and coordinates backup, disaster recovery and virus protection procedures.
- 8 years experience in the role of database administrator.
- 12 years of overall Information Technology industry experience.
- 6 years experience gathering system performance and functional requirements.
- 8 years experience maintaining data dictionaries.
- 8 years experience implementing DB/2 database designs.
- 6 years experience developing security and access procedures for the database.
- 4 years experience in using Erwin data modeling tool.
- 8 years experience in design of DB/2 databases.
- 6 years experience developing and coordinating backup, Disaster Recovery and virus protection procedures.
- 8 years experience monitoring, reviewing and improving database performance (specifically DB/2).
- 6 years experience using SQL language.