Database Analyst/Administrator --- Job ID: 74227, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP
Scarborough, ON, CANADA
Posted Jan 14, 2011 1 Position(s)
Why work with BMO Financial Group?
· . Maintains a solid understanding of business requirements and of relevant and emerging technologies
At BMO Financial Group, we believe in our people, and we provide them with a positive environment in which they can reach their full potential. As one of North America's highly diversified financial services providers, we are always looking for new and exciting ways to serve our clients. It is a dynamic work environment that makes good business sense.
Our Vision is to be the bank that defines great customer experience. This means we have certain shared values and expectations about how we work together, and certain commitments about how we help our employees be successful. ItÂ's a partnership based on mutual exchange, collaboration and a focus on a common goal.
The specific skills we look for vary by role and line of business. But all across our Company, our employees have a few things in common:
· . We are customer-focused.
· . We like to make things happen, have an impact and deliver results.
· . We are team players with strong interpersonal skills.
The Database Analyst is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of the application databases and ensures the completion of project deliverables.
· . Participates in the implementation of enhancements to existing databases and/or creation of new databases in order to provide an optimum design that satisfies the business requirements (may take a lead role for projects of smaller scope and/or involving less critical applications).
· . Assists the Senior DBA/A with basic database administration functions by applying required changes to multiple databases in order to support project demand
· . Performs a variety of database administration functions (including installation of database software, modification of database servers, account set-up, maintenance, DB patches and upgrades) in order to support project demands
· . Creates and maintains database and operational documentation according to accepted Bank and unit standards in order to capture current knowledge (e.g. operational production procedures)
· . Reviews project documentation to ensure they meet operational standards
· . Participates in project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members and other business partners, as appropriate in order to understand project requirements Â- may lead meetings where projects are of a lesser scope
· . Assists the more Senior DBA with production data requests that originate from our development partners.
· . Maintain an awareness of opportunities for implementing new DBMS (Database Management System) technology within the Enterprise for referral to the more senior DBAÂ's/DBA Specialists in order to manage the databases more efficiently
· . Is accountable for Database availability including the resolution of routine production issues through troubleshooting and the partnering with vendors
· . Participates in technical recovery teams
· . Verifies that licensing is correct and that we are following Operational Management Frameworks
· . Develops and improves database standards in order to provide optimum maintenance and consistency across applications
· . Performs database and application tuning and capacity planning for less critical applications in order to verify that the business requirements are met within the SLA (Service Level Agreement)
· . Ensure database health checks by monitoring/verifying databases and reporting inconsistencies to Senior DBAÂ's/Management
· . Ensure compliance within Information Security Guidelines
· . Ensures appropriate database access controls are implemented in line with Bank policies
· . Contributes to BMO Financial GroupÂ's overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge and Skills
· . Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, 3 to 5 years for an Intermediate Level and or 5 to 7 years for a Senior Level
· . Strong systems analysis skills and database experience with extensive business knowledge
· . Completion of an industry certification/professional accreditation is preferred and considered an asset
· . Maintains a solid understanding of database technology
· . Demonstrates a solid understanding of ITIL processes
· . Demonstrates a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· . Demonstrates applied knowledge of SQL
· . Must have good communication skills, bot h written and verbal
· . Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
· . Is detail-oriented with applied organizational skills
· . Demonstrates solid communication skills, both written and verbal
The working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety.
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Click here to Apply