6 month contract with possibility of extention
In this role you will be responsible for the performance, integrity, availability and security of databases to support financial services applications. You will provide on a daily basis data management services including capacity planning, database design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
You’ve honed your database management skills through a minimum of 4 years of database administration of both SQL and Oracle and supplemented this with a University or Diploma/Certificate in Computer Science. Your solid working knowledge of both current and past Microsoft SQL and Oracle database platforms on both Windows and Unix coupled with your demonstrated expertise in performance tuning have prepared you well for this challenge.
· Four or more years experience in a corporate environment with the MS SQL Server and Oracle platforms.
· Strong knowledge and hands on experience of T-SQL, PL/SQL, DTS and SSIS, on SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008.
· Solid experience with SQL Profiler, performance monitor and SQL management views to tune query performance, and resolve database server performance issues.
· Hands on experience with SQL server high availability solutions such as clustering, mirroring and log shipping.
· Hands on experience with oracle database management including Oracle 10g and its features such as Flashback, Data Pump, ASM.
You’re looking for the opportunity to work in a dynamic organization. You understand the importance of good communication and documentation, and have mastered the ability to build successful working relationships. You enjoy the flexibility of working both independently and in a team environment. You are more than ready to take on a new challenge.