The Integration Developer is responsible for providing data integration and small application solutions. The developer must fully understand the company’s data, how it interrelates, and the tools that are available to manage it. The bulk of the role’s responsibility will be to ensure that the interfaces between lululemon’s core applications are reliable, stable, and auditable. Re-occurring meetings with the appropriate business units will ensure that the interfaces are timely and relevant. The developer is to provide guidance, recommendations, and development support for GUI and small application solutions.
The Integration Developer will be an IT specialist with a strong background in software development and basic understanding of retail business processes, and proven success in Agile Project Management.
Other key responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop a firm knowledge of application systems, data and interfaces;
- Update, repair, modify, and expand existing in-house developed programs;
- Provide detailed user and technical documentation of developed solutions;
- Analysis and review of system specification for integration;
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle;
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with software development.
- Conduct quarterly audits of core application interfaces;
- Work with the Database Administrator to define required databases;
- Work with the Quality Assurance team before implementing developed solutions to production;
- Seek and receive feedback from users and vendors, evaluate needs and respond accordingly;
- Manage assigned projects. Plan project timelines, plan, assign and review project work, ensure project meets goals and objectives, and resolve project problems;
- Maintain applicable process documentation, including Change Management and compliance documentation; and
- Undertake any other related duties as required.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Traits) and Qualifications:
- Must be self confident, outgoing and able to work effectively with management and staff;
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and presentational;
- Experience with developing message-oriented solutions
- Working knowledge of Biztalk;
- Strong relational database experience (DB2, SQL, Oracle 10g);
- Business workflow and Project and Change Management skills to deploy new initiatives;
· Keep up-to-date on latest software development methodologies and technologies;
- Working in a team environment;
- Ideally five plus years of programming experience; and
- Experience in a retail apparel environment is a definite asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Adhere to IT methodologies and disciplines.
- Able to work independently
- Make decisions
- Work with technical information
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Work as part of a team
- Manage personal stress and know own limits
- Ask for help when needed.
- Maintain a number of activities at once
- Time management
Other Job Attributes:
- English is the primary language but knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Must be able to work long hours when needed.
- Must be able to handle stress and tight deadlines.
- Occasional travel may be required.