Information Systems Application Specialist (Database Administration)
Department Name: Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian members)
Locations: Vancouver, Surrey
Salary: $54,508 to $58,729
Closing Date: September 8, 2011 - 23:59, Pacific Time Useful Information
Reference Number: GRM11J-009337-001213
Selection Process Number: 530-5-068/2011
Employment Tenure: Permanent and Temporary Positions (anticipatory staffing)
Vacancies: Number to be determined
Website: For further information on the department, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian members)
Who Can Apply:
- Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
In order to be appointed as a Member within the RCMP, applicants must be a Canadian Citizen.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application that they meet the following merit criteria to be retained for further consideration.
- Graduation from High School supplemented by courses and/or experience in database administration.
Several years of experience working with various computer software programs.
Several years of experience working in relational database (s)
Experience creating reports to extract data from relational database (s)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated supervisory/leadership capabilities.
Demonstrated problem-solving ability troubleshooting abilities on IM/IT issues.
Demonstrated experience in developing, modifying or delivering training sessions and/or presentations.
As a prerequisite, candidates must successfully complete a written examination.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience working in a Law Enforcement environment would be an asset.
Demonstrated understanding of operational records management including Federal Legislative requirements, security awareness and information sharing would be an asset.
Ability to travel for extended periods fo time within BC on short notice.
Willingness to work overtime on short notice.
Must have a valid British Columbia Drivers License.
Other Merit Criteria and Conditions of Employment
- Organizational Needs which may apply for this position.
- Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, visible minorities, persons with disabilities
- RCMP Secret security clearance will be required. Please note that you must be a Canadian citizen in order to obtain such a clearance. This factor is not used at the pre-selection stage. The department is responsible for the security clearance process.
Satisfactory medical examination.
Statement of Merit Criteria
Applicants who meet the above criteria will also be assessed against the Statement of Merit Criteria for this position.
The incumbent will report to the Major Case Management Operational Service and operational reporting to a specific operational unit.
1. Fundamental understanding and awareness will reduce the risk of legislative non compliance, compromising of investigations and promote appropriate information sharing.
2. E&RIII and Supertext are the only two Nationally Approved E MCM applications and PRIME BC is the records management system being used by various Units in AE@ Division. Knowledge of E&R / Supertext and / or PRIME BC would be an asset with respect to information sharing.
3. The successful applicant will be responsible for extracting information from approved MCM databases to meet operational, disclosure and quality assurance requirements utilizing report writing software.
4. Ability to effectively work within a word processing application is essential in the role of an Information Systems Applications Specialist; skills in this area are directly related to experience in an operational setting.
5. The successful applicant will be responsible for the direct supervision of 1 - 6 subordinates.
Additional Requirements / Comments
- The incumbent will be required to attend and support major investigations utilizing the RCMP approved Major Case Management applications E& RIII and/or SuprtText.
- ONLY THOSE PERSONS WHO MEET THE EDUCATION, LANGUAGE AND EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY.
- Your résumé must demonstrate that you meet all the above-mentioned requirements and quote reference number 530-5-068/2011. As the Royal Canadian Mounted Police promotes Employment Equity, we also encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify if they are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority group or a person with a disability.
An eligibility list may be established for the staffing of future similar positions.
- We thank all of those who apply. ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
Information to be provided:
You must provide the following information when submitting your application:
- Your résumé.
- You must ensure that you select at least one employment type when submitting your application: Employment Tenure
Your résumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Questions regarding travel and relocation.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Civilian Member Human Resources
Attention: Allison Tremblay
657 West 37th Avenue
Fax (604) 264-3222