Applications Support Analyst - ERP
- Walter Energy Western Coal
More Database and SAP Jobs in Vancouver , BC
Walter Energy, Inc.
Vancouver, BC ;
Walter Energy is the leading global, publicly traded, "pure-play" metallurgical coal producer. Our operations in the U.S., North East British Columbia, Canada, and Wales provide us unique distribution opportunities, enhancing our ability to expand our existing markets.;
Past job postings: Applications Support Analyst - ERP
: Ellipse, SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, MS SQL ;
Applications Support Analyst - ERP
Number of Positions: 1
Grow your career with Walter Energy Western Coal! We are looking for an Applications Support Analyst - ERP to join our Vancouver Communications team. At Walter Energy Western Coal we offer great benefits, RRSP matching, an employee share purchase plan, as well as training and development.
Walter Energy is the leading global, publicly traded, “pure-play” metallurgical coal producer. Our operations in the U.S., North East British Columbia, Canada, and Wales provide us unique distribution opportunities, enhancing our ability to expand our existing markets. As part of our continued growth strategy we will increase production from our operations to meet continued demands for our product. Our organization has a commitment to health, safety and the environment and we believe in mining coal with a view to maximizing shareholder value while respecting the interests of our stakeholders.
Join us and build a challenging and rewarding career in a growth focussed global organization that fosters safety, empowerment, learning and improvement.
This role will be responsible for:
- · Providing application and procedural support to all users of the ERP system.
- · Administering user security and authority.
- · Taking ownership of issues, prioritizing, completing fault diagnosis, tracking progress, investigating and resolving.
- · Vendor issue escalation management and liaising with other areas of the business to track progress.
- · Unit acceptance testing and change management.
- · Managing internal documentation and providing end user training.
- · Working closely with internal business units, internal IT staff, external consultants, and the ERP vendors.
- · Analyzing problems and troubleshooting application issues.
- · A minimum of 3 years of ERP application consulting or supporting experience (Ellipse, SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, etc.)
- · MS SQL database.
- · Mining industry or asset intensive industry experience is an asset.
- · Experience with a variety of business applications and functions.
- · College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science, business, information systems or software engineering (or equivalent).
- · Previous experience in a technical support role is an asset.
- · Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- · Strong working knowledge of ERP systems including finance (AP, budgets, payroll), purchasing (PO, receiving), maintenance (work orders, schedules), and HR.
- · Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · A strong ability to collaborate with personnel having a variety of skill levels and expertise (from Senior Management to front line staff spanning Finance, IT, Operations, etc.).
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- · Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
To apply for this great opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Job Posted On: May 16th, 2011 07:32:24 AM
Job Posting Modified: Sep 20th, 2011 09:24:57 PM
Interested applicants should forward their resume quoting the position title to:
Human Resources, Western Coal Corp.
1000 - 885 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1N5
Fax: 604-629-0075 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last updated on September 20, 2011