Senior Software Engineer - CA
- Wall Street Systems (Wallstreet)
Senior Software Engineer - CA
Wall Street Systems (Wallstreet) is the market leader in treasury, central banking and FX trade processing solutions. Its functionally rich and scalable solutions are used by the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions to improve workflow, manage risks and increase overall productivity throughout the enterprise. Wallstreet’s award winning solutions are used by tens of thousands of users to process millions of transactions aggregating to trillions of dollars, every day.
With a 25 year heritage, Wallstreet has an outstanding reputation for quality and responsive service, and prides itself on helping its clients achieve long lasting benefits and results. Its 700 employees service over 650 clients, operating out of 14 offices worldwide.
Wall Street Systems are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within the Mid-Market Treasury Research and Development team. The successful candidate will be involved in the development of both our current software-as-a-service (SaaS) corporate treasury offering as well as new SaaS initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the design of new (and enhancements to existing) products and services within our SaaS portfolio in cooperation with architects and peers.
- Lead teams of developers as needed to implement products and services.
- Evaluate new technologies and effectively communicate their costs and benefits.
- Mentor less senior members of the team, helping them improve their skills and grow in capability and responsibility.
- Deliver high-quality designs, code and tests, on time and on budget.
- Participate in reviews of requirements and lead reviews of designs and code.
- Demonstrate a desire for relentless self-improvement.
- Participate effectively in and contribute to the improvement of our Agile development processes.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders across the organization, both in Vancouver and around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electronic Engineering with related work experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience leading others through the software development process; Agile experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large enterprise or commercial products; experience building service-oriented applications is preferred, SaaS experience is beneficial.
- Experience with building products for scalability, high availability and reliability in face of software, hardware and network failure.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, WCF); Azure experience is beneficial, as is experience with other technology stacks.
- Experience with constructing and maintaining unit, integration and build verification test suites.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated, willing to learn, possess a strong passion for technology, be self-sufficient, and able to operate effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Also skills and experience that would suit:
- Experience with claims-based identity, identity federation and single-sign on.
- Experience with cryptography and PKI.
- Experience with REST protocol design and implementation.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies and techniques.
- Experience building desktop applications.
- Experience building mobile applications.
Vancouver, BC, CANADA
Last updated on October 2, 2011