Vision Critical is a team of researchers and technologists that look at customer insight from entirely new and beautifully quantifiable angles. We help 25% of the world's top brands make informed decisions not based on anecdotes, or best-guesses, or opinion—but on fact. We help companies discover and amplify what moves their biggest fans.
Our team, headed by industry icon Angus Reid, leads the world in interactive research. We're growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can't abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals.
Let's talk. Our growth has created an opportunity in our Vancouver office for a:
SQL/ORACLE Database Administrator
12-18 month contract
You will be responsible for providing ongoing support for the MSSQL and Oracle databases for our production and enterprise environments. You will also contribute as part of the IT team in production and hosting maintenance and solutions.
- Responsibility for database administration, high availability, security, and data integrity as well as performance optimization of our 24x7 production and development environments.
- Design and implementation of the database structure and architecture, managing backup and recovery procedures, troubleshoot and resolve database related problems, performance monitoring and tuning, disk space management as well as work closely with other members of the IT team to resolve technical problems.
- Programming of database stored procedures as well as database code reviews
- Experienced in normalization, database design, indexing and query optimization
- Coordinate, assist and advise in project implementation strategies which utilize large / complicated DB's
- Expert SQL Server 2005/2008 skills - configuration, SQL queries, T-SQL scripts, profiling and tuning, monitoring, administration and management
- Experience as an Oracle DBA with 8i, 9i, 10g and/or 11g within a progressive company.
- Experience with Oracle OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) 9g, TOAD, ORACLE RAC/Sun Solaris, SQL Server; OCP (Oracle Certified Professional)
- Knowledge and experience of using Oracle RAC and Data Guard is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of database administration experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer a generous compensation package including health and dental benefits coverage.
If this sounds like you, please apply online or by email.