Join the Stockhouse team!
Stockhouse Publishing Ltd. is the owner of Stockhouse.com, Canada's largest financial community and a leading financial portal that provides active investors with market data, breaking news, insightful editorial and portfolio management and analysis tools to grow their investments.
Stockhouse® is home to Bullboards™ message board, Canada's largest online community of active investors. The Bullboards, in addition to the Stockhouse blogs, result in unique user generated content that investors return to daily to read and contribute. This ongoing dialogue creates a powerful online community that is highly engaged in terms of time and page views.
Stockhouse has been featured in more than 50 media reports including CNBC, CNN/fn, Fox News, ROB, Globe, CBC, CTV, Global, Canadian Business, Kiplinger.
It's simple - we are in two of the most exciting industries in the World - Media and the Stock Market!
Stockhouse is an awesome group of people with common values related to responsive customer delivery, commitment, accountability, integrity and a strong work ethic. We listen to and support each others' efforts to reach our goals. We understand the importance of communication and take a few minutes each morning for a team “huddle” to share a highlight and talk about our priority for the day. We're empowered to take initiative and ownership.
Our head office is in downtown Vancouver, near Coal Harbor, with great views of the north shore mountains. Easy to get here with transit, we're very close to Burrard Skytrain station. And our building amenities include a lunchroom, daycare, and free membership in a well-equipped gym!
Because of strong growth opportunities, we are opening up a new position.
SQL Database Administrator
As the sole Database Administrator, you will manage, maintain and support the environment for the Stockhouse database and play a key role within our technology team.
- lead the design and implementation of the database structure and architecture, managing backup and recovery procedures, troubleshoot and resolve database related problems, performance monitoring and tuning, disk space management
- responsible for all database related issues, including data integrity, high availability, security as well as performance optimization of our production and development environments
- conducts significant research and business analysis to develop creative ideas and processes for issues resolution and innovative ways to improve performance.
- Performs capacity planning to ensure sustainability of services
- manage the design and implementation of all database software/hardware upgrades/updates/changes with minimal downtime/business impact
- advise and assist with technology project implementations and other infrastructure (systems/network /databases) issues/changes as required
- manage, build and maintain Reporting Services for all SQL data
- provide backup for Systems Administrator
- expert SQL Server 2005/2008 skills - configuration, SQL queries, T-SQL scripts, profiling and tuning, monitoring, administration and management, including programming of database stored procedures
- hands on experience with administering and monitoring high traffic, highly available, real-time transactional mission critical systems
- experience with Windows Server 2000 through 2008, including clustering
- demonstrated proficiency in designing and implementing backup/recovery, performance tuning and index optimization
- knowledge of enterprise SAN
- experience working in a structured environment preferably ITIL Framework
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience in database administration
- University degree in computer science or technical diploma with equivalent work experience
- Current MCSE/MCDBA certification is an asset
If this opportunity sounds like it's a good match with your skills and interest, please send a cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply by Email' button below.