Opportunity: INTERMEDIATE DATABASE DEVELOPER POSITION
If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to expand your software development experience, consider joining our team. A career with ShipConstructor Software Inc. gives you the opportunity to work on complex graphically oriented software which is used worldwide on high profile marine projects. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. Combined with the challenging nature of the work, the ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world, make a career at SSI a rewarding experience. This is a great opportunity to assist in the development of leading edge, 3D design software while exercising your passion for software development and natural creativity to solve tough problems. The work will involve cutting edge technologies such as C#, managed and unmanaged C++ and Microsoft SQL Server as well as new technologies as they arise.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience in C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages
- At least 2 years’ experience in T-SQL and SQL Server
- At least 2 years’ experience in .NET Development experience
- A strong background in Relational Databases and SQL
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work well as a team member.
- Relocation to Victoria, BC, plus valid Canadian work permit is required.
- Experience with investigating and solving SQL performance issues
- Database administration experience
- Experience with disconnected data model
- Experience developing with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiar with object-oriented design patterns
- Strong understanding of SQL best practices and methodologies
- Experience in a leadership role within a completed project
ShipConstructor offers a competitive salary, full benefit package and a bonus/incentive program. Interested candidates should apply to