Application Developer / Analyst
- Schneider Electric
More Database and SAP Jobs in Victoria, BC
|| Schneider Electric
| Job Title
|| Application Developer / Analyst
|| CAN - BC - Victoria
| Req. #
| Job Function
|| Information Technology
| Job Responsibilities
||It is an exciting time to join Schneider Electric. We are the global specialist in energy management, and offer integrated solutions to make energy safer, more reliable, efficient and productive. Our 120,000 employees in 102 countries help individuals & organizations make the most of their energy. Our commitment to customers, respect for people, performance obsession, team spirit and risk taking - and care for the environment - are shared by our teams all over the world. From national initiatives with Habitat for Humanity and The United Way, to getting involved with charities and organizations around specific Schneider Electric locations, we are committed to making our communities a better place to live and work.
At Schneider Electric, career growth possibilities are extensive. Schneider Electric Canada belongs to the North American Division, one of four geographic divisions of Schneider Electric, which is globally headquartered in Paris, France. We pride ourselves on being extremely diverse, both culturally and technically.
The Information, Process and Organization (IPO) Canada Applications Team is responsible for the development, deployment, enhancement, and support of business systems used by approximately 2000 Schneider Electric employees across Canada, as well as a smaller number of employees located in North America, Europe and Asia.
The Canadian Applications Team builds web based application that are primarily developed using MS .net tools and are deployed on MS back office environments. Applications may be deployed locally, nationally, or even globally, and there are currently developer staff based in Victoria, Vancouver, and Toronto.
As a key member of this team, the successful candidate will design, build and maintain web and database applications through all stages of an application's life cycle to support Schneider Electric's business in Canada. You will also assist in supporting currently deployed applications as a second tier support resource.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
• Documents business process, gathers requirements, designs and develops applications using the Microsoft development environment (.net 2008/10 front end and SQL Server 2005/8 backend).
• Manages suppliers for applications that are either purchased or developed externally, including the initial business process analysis and requirements gathering.
• Reconfigures and extends existing solutions so that the new and the existing solutions operate as an integrated system
• Develops and maintains reports using Microsoft reporting services (2005/2008)
• Analyses business processes and identifies opportunities for improvements through automation. Documents business processes as needed
• Creates documentation and provides user training for application launch and handover to end user services support
• Maintains and supports legacy applications as required
Experience in the following tools and technologies are needed:
• Minimum 5 Years experience as a Developer / Analyst in a high technology environment
• Visual Studio.NET (C#) 2008/ 2010
• IIS 6.0 (7.0 an asset)
• SQL Server 2005 /2008 (SSIS, SSAS)
• Report development and maintenance using Microsoft Reporting Services (2005/ 2008)
• Microsoft server 2003 (2008 an asset)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
• Experience with Microsoft development tools and systems
• Database development experience
• N-Tier Development understanding
• Web application (C#) development experience
• Web Services development experience
• Ability to troubleshoot existing databases systems and applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team focused
• Passion for learning and sharing knowledge
• Knowledge of general business processes, in particular sales order fulfillment, manufacturing and operations, and financial concepts and accounting processes
• Experience with enterprise business systems, in particular Salesforce.com and ERP systems
• Documentation and flowcharting skills
• Project management experience
• Lotus Notes Application Environment
| We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|Submit Resume | Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
|If you don't have a resume, click here to use our resume builder.
|Want to create a job search agent?
Last updated on September 12, 2011