SAP Business Objects Consultant
As an Ideaca SAP Business Objects Consultant based in our Vancouver office, you will be responsible for helping customers strategize, design and implement effective business intelligence / data warehouse solutions. Your role will leverage your talents to help position and architect BI solutions using the SAP Business Objects product suite. In this role you will contribute to Ideaca’s growth and Ideaca’s customer satisfaction in two major avenues:
- Pre-sales solution consulting – BI product demos, proposal writing, strategic assessments
- Implementation consulting – including business requirements definition, designing and developing the BI solution, and training customer resources to successfully adopt and leverage the business solution in supporting their business operations.
- Strong communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Passion for translating customer pains and opportunities into pragmatic BI solutions.
- Proven experience presenting BI product demos in interactive environments.
- End-to-end data design focusing on translating business information into data structures with core skills including information needs analysis, specification of business metrics, and data modeling using SAP Business Objects.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience analyzing, designing, constructing and automating ETL processes..
- Experience with OLAP implementations using SAP, Business Objects or Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Minimum of 3 years of analytics and reporting experience with Crystal Reports and/or SAP Business Objects reporting tools..
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, and processes – minimum 2 years relevant experience – ideally have skills with dimensional data modeling (star schema) including data mart design
- Experience in applying database methodologies and best practices in a client environment.
- Strong understanding of, and adherence to, iterative system development processes.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong and positive client and peer relationships.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- SAP Business Objects training and certification.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing extract, load and transform (ETL) routines to populate data warehouses from custom solutions or ERP packages (including but not limited to SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Lawson, Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Some experience working on ASP.NET enterprise applications, working with ADO.NET against a SQL server or Oracle databases.
- Proven capabilities in evaluating new techniques and utilizing the appropriate elements.
- Proven confidence in your ability to manage tasks, issues, their priorities and interdependencies.
- An openness for domestic and/or international travel as required (primarily within British Columbia and Alberta).
Please ensure "SAP Business Objects Consultant Position - Vancouver" is in the subject heading of your email.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org