Engine Digital is seeking a process-driven and detail-oriented ASP.NET Developer to join our Vancouver-based studio.
Our team is focused on producing immersive digital marketing campaigns and platforms that span web, mobile, social, and experiential channels. We strive to connect our clients' brands with their consumers through clever and innovative user experiences that reach, engage, and convert visitors to customers.
In the role of ASP.NET Developer, you will work within our Technology Team providing planning and development of projects of various scale, form, and duration, utilizing your expert knowledge of the Microsoft ASP.NET and SQL Sever platform. You will use your eye for detail and obsession for clean, well composed code to build out a range of projects from dynamic websites to mobile web applications, playing a critical role in bringing the agency's strategy and creative to life. Working collaboratively with each of our practice areas, you will collaborate with your peers to assess project plans for feasibility while providing your own input from a technology perspective.
The projects you will support will range from custom solutions to the implementation and customization of 3rd party systems including enterprise-level CMS and CRM platforms. In addition to developing flawless code, you will provide impeccable documentation and time management, ensuring an aptitude to take ownership of your work. Your workload will include both new developments and modifications to existing build outs; you should be comfortable writing code from scratch and reworking pre-developed functions and features. You will be responsible for various additional tasks including bug fixes, server troubleshooting, and technical strategic input. You'll possess a proven track record in planning, documenting, developing, and testing your work while working with our QA team to ensure an impeccable end solution.
We're looking for ASP.NET developers with a proven track record for creating efficient, scalable, and manageable enterprise-level systems using Microsoft Technologies. The right individual for this role will keep up to date with new and emerging technologies while sharing learnings with the team, contributing to an environment built on innovation. Extra attention will be given for individuals with PHP and/or HTML5 experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience with ASP.NET (VB.NET and/or C#)
- JQuery, XHTML, HTML5, CSS experience, code frameworks and libraries
- IIS 5+, Windows 2003+, SQL Server 2000+, ADO/ODBC, and hardware experience
- Server and hardware experience
- Experience with APIs, web services, and WCF
- Familiarity with 3rd party platforms such as CMS, CRM, Blog Platforms, and Social Networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) enabling social media integration and scalability
- Experience working within a team setting preferably within a creative agency
- Experience with Agile software development
- History of successful schedule and budget management
- Solid trouble shooting, bug tracking, and quality assurance methodologies
- Understanding of / experience with unit testing and source code control
- Able to stay ahead of the curve with new and emerging technologies
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent experience is preferred
- Microsoft Certification a plus but not required
For this role, Engine Digital offers the following compensation package:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Winter holiday closure (in addition to vacation time)
- Focused yet casual work environment and company culture
This is not an entry-level position. We require an individual with a minimum of 4 years experience working in an agency setting and within a team. This is a full-time, in-house position; applicants must live in, or be willing to relocate to the Vancouver area. International candidates may be considered.
To apply, send email to work[a]enginedigital[dot]com with PDF cover letter and resume, 3-5 recent URLs along with a description of your personal contribution to each. If you have an online portfolio or blog, please send those URLs along too. Inquiries with no work samples will not be reviewed.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.Apply for this position