What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Elastic Path Software is a leading enterprise ecommerce solutions provider. We offer ecommerce consulting, a Java ecommerce platform, implementation services, and full ecommerce outsourcing for software, media, and telecom enterprises to maximize their ecommerce results. Major global brands such as Symantec, Sony Ericsson, Time, Inc., Virgin Media and TELUS rely on our ecommerce expertise for their long term ecommerce strategy.
At Elastic Path we work with some of the latest and greatest technologies: Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Apache SOLR, Groovy, Ehcache, jQuery, Velocity, Eclipse RCP, ANT/Maven, JPA, Tomcat, Weblogic, Oracle, MySQL, etc. As part of the team you will play a key role in our agile development process and will have the opportunity to work with smart people who love debating, challenging the status quo, and solving complex customer requirements.
What can you expect in the Java Developer’s position?
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for creating complex ecommerce solutions as a member of high energy and collaborative teams using agile methodologies. You will also be involved in designing, developing and delivering new features and enhancements to the Elastic Path enterprise ecommerce product line. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including planning, technical design, construction, peer reviews, documentation, testing and deployment.
At Elastic Path, we use an Agile approach to software development including: short iterations, lots of face-to-face collaboration and communication, our beloved wiki, friendly high-trust environment, continuous integration and test automation, weekly peer reviews, pairing developers with QA engineers, keeping processes as simple as possible, frequent retrospectives, we could go on and on.
· Develop and deliver ecommerce software within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE and integration with 3rd party applications
· Work across the whole SDLC including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale object-oriented applications
· Use software best practices like test driven development (TDD), pair programming, continuous integration and automated acceptance/regression testing
· Work with client and their teams to provide real business value
· Solve complex technical requirements or issues by leading analysis and development
· Deliver our ecommerce software solutions across multiple releases in a variety of production environments that include WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, etc.
· Work with the latest open source tools and continually learn and develop skill set
Working at Elastic Path can provide you with an opportunity to see some great parts of the world while you’re providing brilliant support to our customers. Our Java Developers travel approximately 50% and we want to be sure you more than comfortable with that, heck, we bet it even excites you…
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
· 3 + years of software development experience in J2EE and Agile environment
· Strong OO design skills, including good design patterns knowledge
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Experience with:
o Java script, HTML, CSS and AJAX
o Java /J2EE web application development (JSP, Servlets, Spring, etc.)
o at least one of the following databases: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
o at least one of the following Java application server: Tomcat, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, MVC, and/or JBoss
o test driven development
o at least one version control system
o Eclipse RCP / SWT (or Java Swing, AWT)
o design patterns
· Excellent communications skills and experience interfacing and communicating directly with clients
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and has grown organically with recent exponential growth; we’ve doubled revenue every year for the past three consecutive years. Today Elastic Path employs more than 140 team members between our Vancouver, Canada headquarters and UK office.
Join our team
Interested? Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and we’ll contact you if it looks like we might just have an amazing career opportunity that’s right up your alley. Be sure to highlight your bragging rights and apply today.