Senior Software Developer:
Position (Full-time Contract):
Senior Software Developer
Victoria, British Columbia
As a senior software developer you will be involved in new and exciting development building state-of-the-art cardiology diagnostic and management systems which integrate with a diverse array of medical systems and devices to provide physicians and health care providers with the front-line tools they require to manage and combat cardiovascular disease.
You are a highly creative individual with the refined skills necessary to design and develop stunning and easy to use graphical user interface applications for desktop, web, and mobile applications.
You will be working in an environment where you will be relied upon to be an effective and productive contributing member. You will take an active role in developing and implementing our plan to place our products and services onto newer platforms and technologies.
As a successful candidate you will work with our programming and medical teams to create new and impactful software solutions that will dramatically improve the quality of health care.
- Ownership of assigned development tasks
- Developing new products and features using .Net
- Creating detailed specification, design, code, and test documentation; facilitating the documentation of interfaces, release notes, bug fixes and scope changes
- Identify risks and create risk mitigation plans
- Work closely with the lead developer of a given project to ensure development tasks are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with our quality system
- Work as a skilled, self sufficient, self directed, and self motivated individual who is able to take direction well in order to see an idea from inception to completion.
- A bachelor degree of Engineering or Computer Science; or a technical diploma plus equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A minimum of 5 years experience developing applications using .Net technologies; with an emphasis on C#.
- Proven experience developing software utilizing architectural patterns and best practices, and proven knowledge of how architectural patterns and best practices relate to good, maintainable software design.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction and stay on task.
- Experience with the full Software Development Lifecycle.
- Attentive to details, accuracy, and consistency.
- Ability to work with logical concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams comprised of individuals from various disciplines.
Practical experience developing in several of the following areas:
- Applications utilizing n-tier architectures.
- Applications utilizing plug-in architectures and loosely coupled data models.
- Multithreaded applications.
- Scalable, distributed ‘cloud based’ applications.
- Stunning, easy to use, graphical user interfaces utilizing MVC styled architectural patterns; MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc.
- Custom controls for use in desktop and web applications.
- Applications, components and custom controls in WPF.
- Components using WCF.
- Web applications using AJAX, Silverlight, WCF, and web services.
- Databases in SQL 2008; development, deployment, maintenance automation, profiling, and schema revision management.
- Data access layers using Entity Framework, and self tracking entities.
- Classes using generics.
- Applications integrating with Microsoft Active Directory utilizing Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS/ADAM).
- Applications integrating role based security utilizing the Microsoft Authorization Manager framework (AzMan).
- Microsoft Synchronization Framework.
- SharePoint portals; configuration and maintenance.
- Components with C++ (managed and unmanaged).
- Unit tests using the NUnit framework.
- Automated integration, application, and load tests.
Experience in the following areas would be an asset (Not Required):
- Development Technologies; VB6, C++ (managed and unmanaged).
- Web Servers; IIS 5.1/6.0/7.0/7.5.
- Reporting Tools; SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Development Tools; Visual Studio 2010, SVN, NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks), NCover (or other code coverage analysis frameworks).
- Communications protocols; Serial, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, ANT+
- Mobile and/or imbedded application development.
- Build Automation / Continuous Integration Tools; NAnt, MSBuild, CruiseControl.Net.
- Developing installation packages using WIX.
- Designing stunning static graphics and icons.
- CruiseControl.Net plug-in development.
- NAnt custom task and function development.
- Linking and automating development activities with item tracking systems.
- MSBuild customization.
- Build and release automation.
- Windows services.
- Threading and thread synchronization.
- VMWare based virtual environments.
- Server and application load balancing, including stateless and shared state load balanced applications.
- Server clustering and cluster aware application development.
- Automated load testing and profiling.
- Digital signal processing.
- Prior HL7 integration and development.
- Prior EMR integration and development.
- Health Care application development.
- Medical billing; Canada and US.
- Project management.
- ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 / ISO 14971
Please quote the position for which you are applying and email (preferred), fax or mail to:
CardioComm Solutions Inc.
201 - 3060 Cedar Hill Road
Victoria BC Canada V8T 3J5
Fax: (250) 744-1866
This position will remain open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those in consideration will be contacted.