We are seeking an exceptional individual for an exciting and newly-created opportunity as a Systems and Database Administrator in the Corporate Support Department. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Support, you will bring to the position:
- knowledge, expertise and experience in systems and databases
- strong technical, analytical and project-management skills, and
- excellent interpersonal skills.
You will collaborate with staff to envision and enable their initiatives in a timely, cost-effective, forward thinking and integrated fashion.
Why Join CRNBC?
This is an exciting time to join the College as we enhance current systems, implement new systems, consult and collaborate with our many stakeholders, and significantly contribute to our mandate of protecting of the public through the regulation of nursing in B.C.
At CRNBC, we believe in teamwork, communication and collaboration. As a member of the team you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. And while the workload will be busy and challenging, you will be able to create a positive work life balance with us.
What will you be doing?
Working closely with a senior systems administer, and drawing on your extensive knowledge of systems and databases and a broad understanding of CRNBC’s business, you will ensure that systems support the College’s business needs.
Working closely with other members of the IT team, you will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation of the CRNBC infrastructure.
You will ensure that system hardware, virtual environments, operating systems, applications and related procedures contribute to the organization’s goals, and are making a difference for staff, registrants and the public.
You will also be assisting with managing and leveraging our databases to help us meet our mandate.
- Increasing system security, performance and resiliency; troubleshooting system issues and restoring systems
- Assisting with the development and management of the IT budget
- Assisting with managing the prioritization of contracted IT support initiatives
- Integrating external systems with CRNBC systems
- Enhancing virtual collaboration, electronic record keeping, and integrated communication
- Project managing the rollout of new technologies, updated equipment, and related training
- Working with vendors to procure hardware and software and to obtain product-specific support
- Providing helpdesk escalation support for day-to-day issues encountered by both onsite and offsite staff
- Leading the development of documented systems processes and procedures for the effective and efficient use of organizational systems; maintaining these processes and procedures
- Developing and maintaining CRNBC’s data dictionary and preparing queries and reports from the database
- Assisting with the maintenance of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Developing and maintaining an IT asset database including all hardware and software licenses
What skills and abilities do you need?
- Baccalaureate degree with a technical major, business administration or a related field or other relevant education
- three to five years system and database administration experience
- Robust working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008 and Hyper-V virtualized environments
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange (2007) server and SQL server 2008
- Robust working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint applications
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with an ability to develop, recommend and implement practical solutions
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload within a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use audience-appropriate communication and language to clearly and effectively present information and convey concepts.
- SQL query and report design using T-SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services.
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package.
Please forward your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for the applications is Sept. 29, 2011.
We appreciate all responses. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.