Business Analyst, SAP - Controlling & Asset Accounting -
Weatherford International Ltd.
Business Analyst, SAP - Controlling & Asset Accounting, WEATHERFORD
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posted Mar 21, 2011 1 Position(s)
Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE:WFT) is an oilfield service and equipment company dedicated to helping clients maximize the value of their oil and gas assets. We serve the global exploration and production industry with an exceptional breadth of products and services that span a well's life cycle, encompassing drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention.
Weatherford Canada is currently looking for a Business Analyst, SAP - Controlling & Asset Accounting based in Calgary. This position is responsible for the implementation and enhancement of the SAP Controlling/Asset Accounting modules for the various divisions of Weatherford. This includes all aspects of configuration, testing, training, data conversion, go-live support, enhancements, and some incident management.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide in-depth SAP product knowledge to help support business and project objectives
- Provide advanced level end user support and guidance
- Contribute as part of a diverse functional team to complex business issues
- Configure the SAP system according to business process design
- Perform unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Prepare deliverables, including documentation and delivery of training material
- Assist in the development of appropriate training curriculum
- Utilize LSMW and other technical tools in completion of project or support work.
- Assist Development team members in the design and testing of interfaces, enhancements, reports, and data conversions
- Assume project management responsibilities with support from Team Lead and SAP manager
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting and/or implementing SAP Controlling/Asset Accounting (FI, CO, AA, PS), with knowledge of integration points with other SAP modules and SAP best practices
- Full cycle implementation in at least one business setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio) and IT support tools (Infopak, Remedy)
- Minimum full cycle accounting knowledge (more advanced knowledge, such as an accounting designation and related experience, would be considered an asset)
- Effective analytical and organizational skills for problem-solving and prioritization of issues
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to exercise judgment and maintain perspective
- Experience with some level of project management is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to change
- Sense of humour
- Willingness and able to commit to periodic international travel
- Fluent in written & spoken English
Last updated on April 3, 2011