|Founded in 1918, the Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) Alberta, is a not-for-profit organization legislated to administer the workers' compensation system for the province. WCB Through the payment of premiums, 140,000 employers fund this no fault insurance system which provides compensation and benefits for workplace injuries and occupational diseases to over 1.83 million workers. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, goal sharing incentive and on-site fitness centre in a dynamic work environment that recognizes and rewards excellence.
Information Management - Edmonton
Are you interested in becoming an Operational DBA? Are you a team player who is open to learning, growth and sharing knowledge? Do you enjoy working in a technical environment that spans Mainframe, Windows, and Linux? We have an opening for a DBA to join our team supporting the enterprise database services for the WCB. As a member of this team you will be responsible to maintain the operational excellence of the database environment and contribute to the high degree of satisfaction as measured by our clients.
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) environments (DB2 on z/OS; Microsoft SQL Server; and UDB on Linux)
- Maintain the stability of our database environments by monitoring and resolving data management issues such as database performance, database capacity, and replication
- Support database implementations such as reviewing data models, creating automated database maintenance activities, and defining database backups
- Participate in the 7x24 on call rotation
- Degree or diploma in an Information Technology related discipline with an emphasis on Database Management/Information Systems combined with related experience
- Experience with relational database (RDBMS) administration
- Proficiency with Structured Query Language (SQL) concepts
- Proven technical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Outstanding conceptual and analytical skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of z/OS, TSO, JCL is beneficial
SALARY: Salary Range 11
Start Rate: $63,036 to Job Rate: $86,913 per annum
(includes Market Supplement)
Note: Final external candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance.
Please submit resumes (quoting tracking #2011039) to www.wcb.ab.ca/careers.
Posted: March 30, 2011 Closes: April 15, 2011
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.