Senior Business Systems Analyst (SAP SRM) - TELUS Corporation
Senior Business Systems Analyst (SAP SRM) - TEC07558-11
TELUS Corporation is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada providing data, Internet Protocol (IP), voice, wireless communications services, entertainment and video. We provide and integrate a full range of communications products and services that connect Canadians to the world.
TELUS is also a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. At TELUS we believe the diversity of our team is a significant competitive advantage and we value the contribution and worth of each and every team member. We work together, unified by our respect for each other, the TELUS values and the pursuit of our business strategy. Diversity and inclusiveness thrives when we honour the traditions, beliefs, lifestyles and perspectives of all members of our team.
Our team members include people like you - enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you'll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. Join our team and make your future friendly too.
This role is part of a team which supports all SAP enabled processes and teams across TELUS. These teams include Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, Real Estate, Capital Management, Wireless Sales & Distribution to name a few. This is a full-time, regular position and may be based in either Edmonton (AB) or Burnaby (BC).
The primary purpose of the Senior Business Systems Analyst (Sr BSA) is to serve as the key conduit to business users for requirements and analysis, and work with Solution Architects and the Architecture organization to define and manage requirements. The Sr BSA creates functional and technical design specifications in adherence to the standard methodology, provides deep functional and technical application expertise, and inputs to test planning and execution.
The successful candidate in this role will respond to and perform impact analysis on incoming service/support requests, and is expected to assist with estimating Opportunity Evaluations (OE) and work requests. He/she will also participate in the development of implementation strategies and plans, and reviews detailed design specifications, test plans and user documentation for functional and technical completeness and accuracy. The Senior BSA is expected to be able to attend meetings and represent Information Services.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of SAP SRM, SD and/or MM configuration and functionality for projects or enhancements
- Plans, designs and delivers application and process improvements
- Maintains and manages relationships with partners and suppliers
- Facilitates user acceptance processes
- Guides and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems/processes specifically SAP
- Knowledge and application of industry best practices in SAP SRM, SD and/or MM
- Sound knowledge of best business practices and current processes across organizational and functional units
- Solid understanding of process management practices and performance measurement in a business environment
- IMG configuration
- Solid technical writing abilities including business process design documentation
- Experience with user exit designs
- Ability to prepare test scripts and execute them
- Good influencing skills to enable collaboration and cooperation from multiple business units and resources
- Strong written and oral communications (ability to express ideas, thoughts, directions and concepts clearly and concisely)
- Strong analytical, problem identification and solving skills
- Design appropriate solutions and develops logical work plans to deliver projects; identifies process gaps and initiates improvement opportunities
- Effective presentations for communicating analysis and recommendations
- Identify key stakeholders for projects and apply engagement methods for their participation
- Engages clients and takes the imitative to problem solve barriers to implementation
- Capable of facilitating client meetings and working sessions
- Fosters stability during change by ensuring open and ongoing communication
- Proven experienced in handling highly confidential corporate information
- Ability to coach less experienced team members
- Prior telecommunications industry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of TELUS Governance is an asset
- Thorough understanding of TELUS business operations and overall business strategies is an asset
Required Professional Designation and Experience:
- SAP certification in SRM, SD and/or MM
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in information technology or business process management
- Prior experience with large, key systems projects
- Practical experience in using documentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and VISIO
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business, Technology or Science, or equivalent education and/or experience
- Project Management certification or experience is an asset
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
: CA-British Columbia
Last updated on March 13, 2011