SAP PM Specialist, SUNCOR ENERGY INC.
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posted Feb 2, 2011 1 Position(s)
Reporting to the Manager-RPD, Reliability Engineering (SWS), the SAP PM Specialist - Reliability Program Developer is accountable to develop the preventive and predictive Reliability Programs under the compliance of all required procedures, standards, environmental, health and safety guidelines effectively for Non-process assets.
The SAP PM Specialist - Reliability Program Developer will have similar role accountabilities as the Maintenance Planner, but will focus on Reliability Engineering maintenance strategy activities instead of day to day or corrective maintenance planning.
This is Calgary, Alberta based position with minimum requirement to travel to Fort McMurray.
This role requires an in depth understanding of the Long Range Maintenance Plan and good knowledge of Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
- Creation of Maintenance Plans from Equipment Maintenance Strategies (developed with Reliability teams)
- Task lists creation
- PM/PdM records creation and M&R Equipment Master Data in SAP R3 Plant Maintenance (PM) module
- Establish and maintain the maintenance-relating master data including of Functional Location, Equipment, Bill of Materials, Warranty, Permit, and Measuring Points
- Prepare job plans ready for scheduling detailing manpower, parts, materials, special tools, external services, reference documentation and drawings with planned costs
- Identify risks and prepare for contingencies within the job plan
- Review and improve standard job plans for Safety, Reliability, and Cost effectiveness
- Provide cost estimates for job plans and budgetary forecasts for major scopes of work and outages
- Assist reliability engineer to develop equipment maintenance strategy according to Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Improve long term maintenance plan continually to minimize the downtime and maintenance cost
- Regularly reviews the reliability programs through the auditing of KPI's, failure causes, and delay codes to identify improvement opportunities, with emphasis on reliability techniques and benchmarks against external companies.
- Perform analysis as per need including but not limiting to SAP, BW or MS Excel
- Provide Manpower forecasting for different crafts.
- Ensures appropriate involvement in other Master Data activities integrate Reliability Engineering, Materials, Projects and Safety requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree in mechanical/electrical/instrument engineering, or technologist qualification
- Maintenance Planning, Reliability or Maintenance Engineering Background.
- Require 6-10 years of Experience in an industrial setting
- Experience in the development of preventive and predictive maintenance programs and proactive solutions to maintenance issues
- Must have strong CMMS (SAP PM) experience and be proficient with various Microsoft office products.
- Strong focus on safety, integrity and reliability
- Ability to learn from others and adopt best practices
- Works well on own and in teams
- Down to earth and believes in following procedure
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Please note the formal title of this role is Reliability Program Developer.
Last updated on February 24, 2011