The Landmark Group of Builders is one of Alberta's largest residential builders, and is dedicated to leading the industry in sustainable housing solutions that reduce the carbon footprint of the homes we live in. The Landmark Group of Builders is a growing company with operations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Red Deer.
The Landmark Group of Builders offers a competitive salary, company paid group benefits, RRSP matching program, educational assistance and an employees' children scholarship program.
We are seeking an energetic individual to immediately fill the following position in Edmonton:
Senior Software Developer
Competition Number: LGB-24-11
As a member of the Information Technology team you will be accountable for full design and implementation of new computer applications, providing solutions and improvements for current applications and providing support and maintenance of existing systems. To achieve this objective, the responsibilities of the Senior Software Developer encompass the following:
· Providing support by responding to requests for assistance, troubleshooting solutions to problems, and providing a high level of customer service to all clients.
· Providing maintenance by reviewing and monitoring current application systems and implementing upgrades, changes, to ensure a sound system. Developing, testing and implementing new software components for existing systems.
· Seeking and developing appropriate software solutions to continuously improve current and new systems and applications. Taking action on both identified and anticipated system improvement requirements.
· From conception to completion, designing and implementing new applications. Activities will include software development, testing, debugging, documentation, final implementation and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
· Providing effective delivery of software applications to client group.
· Minimum 5 years as a full time senior software developer with design and implementation.
· BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent.
· Programming experience in C#, .NET, Visual Studio, XML and Web Services.
· Experience with Microsoft SharePoint design and development.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL server database design and development.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and software lifecycle control.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to work within timelines.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting job title and competition number to email@example.com
or fax (780) 702-7723. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered will be contacted.