Senior BI/Data ETL Analyst / Developer
As an Ideaca Business Intelligence consultant, you will be responsible for participating at all phases of the project life cycle including analyzing, designing, modeling, testing and deploying suitable and appropriate solutions.
- Proven successful experience analyzing, designing, constructing and automating ETL processes working closely with a data architect or business analyst. Experience with performing data migrations including testing, fixes and upgrades.
- Minimum 2 years of deep ETL toolset experience – ideally with tools such as Informatica or SQL Server 2005 Integration Services.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, and processes – minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience in applying database methodologies and best practices in a client environment.
- Strong understanding of iterative system development processes. Minimum 3 years experience in information systems and integration development.
Desired skills :
- End-to-end data design focusing on translating business information into data structures with core skills including information needs analysis, specification of business metrics, and data modeling.
- Experience with SQL Server – ideally with SQL Server 2005
- Experience with Microsoft Analysis Services – ideally with SQL Server 2005.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services – ideally with SQL Server 2005.
- Experience in the development of SQL and T-SQL or PL/SQL code objects including stored procedures, functions, triggers and views.
- Strong modular system design skills.
- Release management and documentation.
- Experience with RDMS tuning.
As our ideal candidate, you have
- Experience with developing and implementing extract, load and transform (ETL) routines using higher-end tools such as SSIS 2005 or Informatica to populate data warehouses from custom solutions or ERP packages (including but not limited to SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Lawson, Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Microsoft Dynamics Axapta).
- Minimum of 5 years experience and deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, and processes.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Understand how to build and maintain positive client and peer relationships.
- Experience working on ASP.NET enterprise applications, working with ADO.NET against a SQL server or Oracle databases.
- Proven capabilities in evaluating new techniques and utilizing the appropriate elements.
- Proven confidence in your ability to manage tasks, issues, their priorities and interdependencies.
- Are prepared for some domestic and/or international travel as required.
Please ensure "Senior Data Analyst Consultant Position - Calgary" is in the subject heading of your email.
Submit your resume to email@example.com