"Pipeline" Sr DB2 DBA (Mainframe or Mid range), HP
Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posted Feb 1, 2011 1 Position(s)
HP is a leading global provider of products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and business. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services, and imaging and printing. Our $4 billion annual R&D investment fuels the invention of products, solutions and new technologies so we can better serve customers and enter new markets. We invent, engineer and deliver technology solutions that drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers.
"This is a pipeline requisition open for sourcing purposes only. No hires can be made against this requisition."
Position is in Edmonton and cannot be performed remotely.
Senior SQL DBA for the AHW engagement to perform the following tasks as part of role:
- Identifies improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements and system performance and functional requirements; o Resolves conflicts among users' needs for data;
- Advises programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data;
- Generates new database from physical design specifications;
- Responsible for performing or checking database sizing results;
- Develops and implements procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database;
- Develops and implements security procedures for the database, including access and user account management;
- Develops and maintains data dictionaries;
- Maintains configuration control of the database;
- Coordinates changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records and additions to the database; o Performs updates to the database design;
- Responsible for implementing database tuning procedures; and o Develops and coordinates backup, disaster recovery and virus protection procedures.
· Experience in the role of database administrator. (8 yrs)
· Overall Information Technology industry experience. (12 yrs)
· Experience gathering system performance and functional requirements. (6 yrs)
· Experience maintaining data dictionaries. (8 yrs)
· Experience implementing DB/2 database designs. (8 yrs)
· Experience developing security and access procedures for the database. (6 yrs)
· Experience in using Erwin data modeling tool. (4 yrs)
· Experience in design of DB/2 databases. (8 yrs)
· Experience developing and coordinating backup, Disaster Recovery and virus protection procedures. (6 yrs)
· Experience monitoring, reviewing and improving database performance (specifically DB/2). (8 yrs)
· Experience using SQL language. (6 yrs)